• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Heard it all now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sure the insurance is cheaper for the owner/operator if he puts a 25,000+ hour captain on board. Rediculous if you ask me! Just because you have that much time, it doesn't necessarily mean that you are a safer pilot. That's my .02 anyway.

25K hours???

:confused:

Huh?? That sounds awfully high. There are 25,000 hour pilots, but they don't exactly grow on trees.

We all know the insurance industry runs our industry, but surely there must be other jobs with less stringent insurance mins.

I'm sure there are multiple reasons behind this. I don't know. He said that I'd be off to FlightSafety for SIC training (he says 13k for this) next week. Maybe I'll negotiate with him to pay for the full type and I'll be able to fly deadheads.

If not, I think I'll pass.

I have to think that if you have 25,000 hrs and you have to take a full time 135 job flying a BeechJet around you must either be a glutton for pain or have a lot of accidents and couple of DUIs on your record.

They must either have a poor accident record or their insurance is $39 a month. At my company the mins are 1500 for PIC Jet with Simuflite and no mins for FOs

Ok. All the 25,000 hr BeechJet pilots can hose me now. Watch now there will be hundreds of them out there

By the way the SIC check at Simuflite isnt 13k. Probably closer to 8k and the type is around 14k. The retail price is higher but nobody who flies 135 is paying retail. My Westwind type when combined with my recurrent was $6600 and my Hawker SIC initial was $8800

If you fly the pope around, you have to call ahead to the FBO and have them clean a section of ramp, so he can kiss it. He does that every time....

Funny, most of the people I fly around get out and kiss the ground too! They pray a lot too, but that's during the flight.

S.

Pope

That's cause he read the line in the Bible that states "Lo, I am with you."

Avoiding +TSRA at all costs for a week now. . . . so I don't get hit by lightning.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Talk about wank factor!! I see Singaporean guys come into the right seat of 747-400/A340 with less than 300hrs total and me still beleive that Singapore Airlines is in the top 3 of the worlds best airlines - I'm biased though!!

This is all too common in aviation though - some guy has done it tough to get where he is, so he makes it tough on the the other guys who want to get there. It's an ego thing, and fortunatley that kind of moronic attitude is dissapearing amongst all the worlds top airlines.

Though I do think it's funny that Second Officers are sexual advisers to the captain!! "if I want your F&^&^G advice then I'll ask for it!!"

If anyone tells you that **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**e in future tell them to remove the right hand off the penis - they'll go blind!!

Into the Foster's a bit early today, are we? ;)

Hard to believe Singapore is putting in 300 hour FO's. Is that 100 hours of flying and 200 hours of automation training?

Latest resources

Back