Headsets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
david clark's H10-13.4 with gel ear piece

got mine for 7 years now, NO PROBLEM AT ALL!!!!

$288.00, i don't think the price has changed

short

LIGHTSPEED, HANDS DOWN

I wore DCs through my pvt training and they were fine for only about an hour at a time. First time I spent 4 hours in the plane in one day I was ready to throw them out the window.
For about the same price as the DCs you can get the Lightspeed 15XL. I recommened that to all of my students and have yet to have one dissatisfied.
I have used the 25XL for over 2 years now and I HIGHLY recommend them. The co. will fix them for no charge if you ever have any problems, like shorts in the wiring due to wear and tear.
You can skimp on stuff like flight bags and such but don't skimp on headsets. ANR is definitely the way to go. Besides the comfort of the Lightspeeds and the ANR greatly reduces fatigue.
Good luck.

DC's, for certain. Until I get back to jets, then a nice light pair of Telex...

My H10-13.4's have survived my time as a student, instructor, and two 121 turboprop jobs. All told, over 7 years and over 2500 hours of use. Never once had a problem with them, either. I recently got the microphone wet while flying, (like drenched) and it stopped working for that flight. I feared I had shorted it out, but sure enough, after some time to try, it continues to work. Also, their customer service if you do have a problem is second to none. (Probably because they want all of us on boards like this to talk up their products...well, it works!)

Spend the extra cash and get a good headseat. It is worth it.

Latest resources

Back