• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

headsets in the crj

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As Russ stated, airplanes with the old style windshield wiper arms are considerably noisier. The Telex model you want is the 750, but keep in mind that you may end up using earplugs depending on which wiper arm configuration you airplanes have...or how long you've been driving props...

I don't fly the CRJ but I have owned the Telex ANR 500. It is an OK headset but I sold mine to purchase a Sennheiser HMEC 25-KA. It's ANR circuitry is vastly superior to the Telex and it is much more comfortable. There are many CRJ pilots at ACA who use the same headset and love it. The HMEC 25-KA can be found on www.marvgolden.com for $515. One note about cost - remember that once you lose your hearing you can not get it back. A good quiet headset is a relatively cheap insurance policy.

thanks for the info...a little expensive but i see what your sayin.....i may wait till i'm able to scratch some money together or wait til i have a line before i decide what to get.....

I use the Telex 750's also. Its about 50/50 on these vs D.C.'s as far as what guys wear from what Ive seen. Most of the older/senior captains tend to use the D.C.,(primarily guys who came off the turboprops) everybody else uses the Telex. I think the CRJ is very quiet.

The hard part is finding a headset that will fit in your flight case after you stuffed all of that other company required stuff in it. I just use a lightweight telex with earplugs. Then, when I go to do a walk around I have the earplugs on for the loudest part of my day, walking past the APU exhaust. Have a fine trip.

ANR Headset info

Check out http://www.chipsplace.com. Under the "Information on Cockpit Noise" there is information on Bose, Telex, Pilot Avionics, and Sennheiser headsets. This might help anyone who is considering an ANR headset purchase.

You don't need no stinkin headset!!!

hahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I realize you guys are talking about the CRJ but I will add my two cents anyway. I fly the EMB 145 (LOUD cockpit) with Telex 750's and earplugs. I personally can't tolerate DC's for long with my bald head so I really have no choice. With earplugs, the noise level is no problem. I love wearing the 750's (I've worn that model for 13 years) because they are so comfortable. You just about forget that they're even on your head.:D

I can't really tell a difference between the old and new crjs. I use the Telex 750s. Tried a friends pair of Telex ANR 500s and they were sweeet! Might have to fork over the cash for a pair myself. I have not really used DCs since my piston days.

Bose, baby!!

I've worked in high-noise environments all my professional life...submarines...nuke plants, and like the gentleman said earlier, your hearing ain't gettin' no better! I decided to bite the bullet and bought the Bose X while flight instructing. I plan on using it in the CL-65 for quite some time. I recently flew a senior Comair capt. in an Academy Seminole and let him try the Bose out...he said it will be a fine headset for the CRJ. It sure is much more comfortable and quieter than my old ANR DCs. Plus, as Skydiverdriver said, I think the Bose will fit better in the case, too.

Latest resources

Back