Headset

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While we're talking headsets……

Are the Dave Clarks more rugged than the cheapo headsets? I normally just buy the knock-off brands for $100; and accept the fact that they're going to be replaced in 2 to 3 years. If I spent $300 (without ANR) would I necessarily be getting a headset that will withstand rolling around on the floor of my car? I think I'd spend a bit more for equipment that didn't need to be handled with kid gloves. Thanks.

Seattle

I've had my DC ANR's for about 3 years, and have had no problems. They feel rock solid, and with the lifetime warranty and DC's reputation for fixing any problems in little time, I'm comfortable.

Some people have problems with the DC's hurting their head on longer flights, but I've done a 5.5 hour leg in them once and didn't feel any discomfort at all (except in my bladder!).

I'd recommend trying out any headset for a week and making sure it's compatable with the shape of your head. When it comes to comfort, you kind of have to take what people say with a grain of salt - our heads are all different.

Latest resources

Back