Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ksu_aviator

GO CATS
I'm upgrading to a noise cancelling headset, but I don't/can't fork out the money for a full priced David Clark. So, I found a DRE 6000 and I was wondering if anyone here has used that headset and knows if its worth getting or not.

Or, if you know where I can get a set of DC's at a discount I'd like to know.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The DRE-6000 ANR was rated #1 against "the best of the best" stereo ANR headset by the Aviation Consumer Magazine

Check the spelling Smokehouse. You missed the 's.'

I will second the recommendation for the Headsets Inc. ANR module. I added it to two of my headsets and love them. I used to fly BE-18s and the ANR saved my ears. I didn't have to put earplugs in before putting on my headsets, anymore.

Take care.

Try www.marvgolden.com I've bought a few items from them and they always have good prices. If you get the Telex Stratus 50-D you can probably get a rebate for $125.00 for Telex. I did.

It is the quietest headset I've used (better than bose or lightspeed) but I have had to send it back for a repair twice. If the batteries (and it EATS batteries) get low the ANR makes weird noises so you have to turn it off. Even without the ANR on its a good set.

Even with the rebate it will still run you $600.00

thanks for the info. I've looked into headsets inc but I don't have time to send off my headset for repair and I sure as heck can't install it myself, I just don't have the tools. Besides, I really need a second headset so my wife would have one.

BTW, has any one done the wings program to renew their CFI? I'm thinking about doing that and was wondering if anyone had any input.

I will second the headsetsinc post. I did the same with some old AvComms and the difference is incredible. It's also a lot cheaper.

You owe it to your head to try Lightspeeds. I sell all the popular brands and have tried them all including Bose. Most people find Lightspeeds both the most comfortable and the quietest. The 15XL retail for $339 and the 20XL go for $395. You can get them cheaper on the Web.

Headsets

For pricing try www.spinnerspilotshop.com. Bought my DC 13.4s for $265 there last year. Might try the Oregon Aero upgrades to your present ones short term; I put them on the 13.4s and they really do cut down noise quite a bit. Of course regardless of what Oregon Aero claims in their literature, they still are not approaching ANR quiet.

Latest resources

Back