headset time...advice?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Buzzing noise in DC ANR

I've had mics in both of my DC's fail. DC tech support narrowed the problem and overnighted replacement mics free of charge. Problem resolved. If the problem was not resolved, DC would overnight me a pair (only needed one) while I sent my pair to them for repairs.

Contact their techs and see what they can do.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Well I used DC H10-13.4's in pistons back in my instructing days and used them in the J31 when I started flying 121. When I went to the Saab 340 I got a pair of Lightspeed 25XL's with ANR which were fantastic in noise reduction but the build quality was horrible. For 6 months I wore them at work with 3 trips for repairs in that time, 2 broken headbands and 1 broken ear stirup. The service repairs were free and quick each time but still the headset is built to hang in your own airplane and be treated gingerly, not be a commuter headset. So back to the 13.4's for the last few years... but enough... I ordered the DC H10-13X ENR headsets and should have them in time for next weeks trips. I simply can't wear earplugs under my headset and I simply can't keep wearing non-ANR headsets for another 2500 hours in a turboprop... I'll let you know how it goes.

Latest resources

Back