• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Headset in the Saab 340?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No Telex 750 in the SAAB, you'll go deaf (with earplugs, it'll do). Any David Clark style headset works fine. Any ANR works even better. If you're a kept man, BOSE X is the best!!!

One that keeps you from lossing your hearing.

Seriously, Anything will work, as long as its the Full Head clamp kind. If you got the cash get the noise canceling one. If you don't any David Clark will work. I like the DC 13.4 cause its lighter and its got gel seals, but I haven't bought a new one in years. Don't know what else is out there.

The saab's GE engines are not as loud as the screaming Garretts I used to fly, but it ain't quite either.

Say Again?

DC's will and do work fine. More than half of the people I ever worked with in the Saab used DC's of various varieties... Although that's typical, I guess, more than half of all professional pilots I've ever seen use DC's... And that's not a coincidence.

If you can afford good noise-cancelling stuff, it'll be a lot better, but that too goes without saying.

Sorry, couldn't hear that question over the ringing in my ears...

No comparison because none of the other noise canx headsets cost a grand ;). But seriously, I can't imagine life before noise cancelling headsets. If you value your hearing and can knock off a few more decibels, why not.

Latest resources

Back