• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawker 900XP vs. Sovereign

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What kind of Hawker are you flying? The 4000?? Because that's the only Hawker I've flown that will sit on .80 "all day long".

Unless you are flying down below FL350, ISA + 20 and have the thing at max continuous, I have a hard time believing you are sitting on .80 and 465 TAS.

You are also comparing a Mid to a Super... so of course the 680 is going to be bigger.

Just get a Challenger 300 and be done with it. Direct operating cost is very close... and if you're going to spend the cash on a 680, the 300 is a much better buy.

As a side note, if you do not know how to effectively climb the aircraft, you are correct, it will not do it.

Cut all those numbers in half for explosive.

Why, and where did you glean this info? The way I understand it, a body that is already at a cabin alt of either FL400 or FL450 has the TUC stated. I doubt they factored a specific cabin leak rate. I could be wrong but please show me that.

Edit: Did a little search. While I can't confirm the veracity of this study, it concurs with FSI's notes and states "rapid decompression". http://www.theairlinepilots.com/medical/decompressionandhypoxia.htm

Last edited:
Why, and where did you glean this info? The way I understand it, a body that is already at a cabin alt of either FL400 or FL450 has the TUC stated. I doubt they factored a specific cabin leak rate. I could be wrong but please show me that.

Edit: Did a little search. While I can't confirm the veracity of this study, it concurs with FSI's notes and states "rapid decompression". http://www.theairlinepilots.com/medical/decompressionandhypoxia.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_of_useful_consciousness

You are also comparing a Mid to a Super... so of course the 680 is going to be bigger.

Could care less what category the marketing department places them in. The 680 and the 900XP are almost identical on paper. Even their weights are only 2000 pounds apart. Sovereign cabin is barely bigger. not a factor with an avg of 4 pax.

300 is not in the budget. Wish it was.

Could care less what category the marketing department places them in. The 680 and the 900XP are almost identical on paper. Even their weights are only 2000 pounds apart. Sovereign cabin is barely bigger. not a factor with an avg of 4 pax.

300 is not in the budget. Wish it was.

So back on topic....What is your budget, roughly? How far back in age are you willing to go? Do you have in-house MX that would possibly transition to a 900XP more easily and retain all the usual reps on speed dial? Etc etc.

So back on topic....What is your budget, roughly? How far back in age are you willing to go? Do you have in-house MX that would possibly transition to a 900XP more easily and retain all the usual reps on speed dial? Etc etc.

We buy new. We use the factory service center. Settled on a New 900XP assuming production is allowed to resume. Accomplished differences during recurrent last week. We will pay much less than we did for our 2008.

"[citation needed]" The problem with wikipedia. While I don't deny it would have an effect, I believe it's factored into the time range. Cut it in half...don't cut it in half, it isn't much time any way you skin it.

2 more.

http://www.abag.org.br/noticias/155.html

http://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Time_of_Useful_Consciousness

I will also note that I have been through this. If you don't think an explosion will shorten the time versus something slower, you are fooling yourself.

As a matter of fact, yes I do! You should try honesty some time!

Now you are jumping to conclusions, "hoss"... I have a special issuance, because I am actually indeed honest.

As for running a 900XP at .80 all day long, still calling the BS flag, sorry "hoss".

You are going to pay 10m + for a 900XP, and probably around 15m for a 680... so why were you even comparing the two if you would not consider looking for a nice Challenger 300 in the 12m range, twice the airplane of the 900XP for the same price, and similar operating costs... Don't get me wrong I am all about the Hawker, still fly one today, but seems like for the dollar it's not really the best bang for the buck buying a new one for what you have described so far.

Now you are jumping to conclusions, "hoss"... I have a special issuance, because I am actually indeed honest.

As for running a 900XP at .80 all day long, still calling the BS flag, sorry "hoss".

You are going to pay 10m + for a 900XP, and probably around 15m for a 680... so why were you even comparing the two if you would not consider looking for a nice Challenger 300 in the 12m range, twice the airplane of the 900XP for the same price, and similar operating costs... Don't get me wrong I am all about the Hawker, still fly one today, but seems like for the dollar it's not really the best bang for the buck buying a new one for what you have described so far.

Because the boss wants new! It's just that simple. Guess all my friends that fly 900's are liars.

Latest resources

Back