Hawker 900XP vs. Sovereign

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

400A

We currently operate a 750XP that has been perfect for us beyond belief. The boss is getting the itch to upgrade. I would like input from folks that have flown both and how they compare. I am very interested in avionics comparison (I love pro line 21), Flight deck comfort comparison and realistic range WITHOUT extended periods over FL410 in the 680. Also, is the Sovereign's ride any better than the Excel? Any pure Sovereign info is welcome. I am very familiar with the Hawker.

Have a couple very good friends that operated 2 750's and looked across the board. Sovereign, 300 and G280. Ended up right where they started with the 900XP. If you want contact information for why they chose the 900, PM me-

400A said:
realistic range WITHOUT extended periods over FL410 in the 680.

I have no input, but I'm curious why you want range info for operations at or below FL410...trying to get apples-to-apples comparison with the Hawker or hesitant to fly high?

I have no input, but I'm curious why you want range info for operations at or below FL410...trying to get apples-to-apples comparison with the Hawker or hesitant to fly high?

Not wearing a mask for 6 hours... Period. No problem donning it to clear weather, but the regs are there for a reason. Being one who has had a windshield leave, I don't buy the "It can't / won't happen philosophy.

With the Hawker Beechcraft bankruptcy, and all the uncertainty that looms for the the Hawker models - I would choose the CE680. Not fast, but climbs like a rocket and has good short field performance.

Not wearing a mask for 6 hours... Period. No problem donning it to clear weather, but the regs are there for a reason. Being one who has had a windshield leave, I don't buy the "It can't / won't happen philosophy.

Are you serious? Does the owner know this? Why not fly at 35K? You do know these are two different aircraft by way of performance, certification standards, and size, right?

With the Hawker Beechcraft bankruptcy, and all the uncertainty that looms for the the Hawker models - I would choose the CE680. Not fast, but climbs like a rocket and has good short field performance.

It's faster than the 900xp.

Are you serious? Does the owner know this? Why not fly at 35K? You do know these are two different aircraft by way of performance, certification standards, and size, right?

So... You endorse regulation infraction and VERY dangerous operations? Does YOUR boss know this? But yes, I have explained it to my boss in great detail.

It's faster than the 900xp.

Highly doubt it. Your ignorance is showing. I know for a fact the Hawker will sit on it's .80 red line all day long. Being that the Sovereign has the some red line, in what part of your world is that faster?

If you would like that in knots, Sovereign = 458 900XP = 465... (See it all the time)

Did you have anything meaningful to contribute or just flaming as usual?

You do know these are two different aircraft by way of performance, certification standards, and size, right?

What difference does that make? Very similar in specs. Both can easily be purchased in our budget. Those are the ones the boss wants to look at.

You don't have a very good handle on this.

Latest resources

Back