Hawker 800XP/API winglets range question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
400A said:
Having to operate to the extent of the certified envelope? Remember, those numbers were computed in ideal conditions by test pilots. In the real world we rarely have those conditions, and most pilots do not even pay attention to the requirements. Example... My last flight was ISA+19 at FL350.

If a pilot doesn't know where to find & how to read a 1.3G and/or altitude capability chart, and doesn't understand basic high-altitude aerodynamics as it relates to their wing and their engines, then yeah they shouldn't be flying those altitudes. Good thing learning either isn't exactly rocket science...

I've seen as high as ISA+23 from the mid-20s through the mid-30s the last week...of course it dropped off sharply around FL400 and was ISA-6 at FL450.

Boiler, do you use a mask above 410? Not flaming just asking because that is my biggest reason not to go above 410, mask is not comfortable at all. I don't care if it saved 50% on the gas bill that mask is a killer.

As for wearing a mask, you could run the mask in "normal" and not 100% that would save on the oxygen fill ups, and then if there ever was a decompression the mask would auto go to 100% pressure feed.

Why can't you just answer the guys question, he didn't ask about the Gulfstream. Yes the API numbers are very accurate on both the 800A and the XP. You should get very close to the published fuel burns if not better.

Why can't you just answer the guys question, he didn't ask about the Gulfstream. Yes the API numbers are very accurate on both the 800A and the XP. You should get very close to the published fuel burns if not better.

Agreed. The data they provided ARINC (which in turn is used in their flight planning) is very accurate. We're almost always within 100lbs of flight plan fuel.

We did however have a situation between a city pair that we fly often where we were consistently burning 200-300lbs more than flight plan. I called ARINC to find out why and after putting our heads together we realized that they weren't accounting for a crossing restriction on the arrival that puts us at a low altitude a good distance from the airport. They were able to put that in and the numbers began to match again.

Latest resources

Back