• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAWAIIAN Phase III invites

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you for taking the time to participate in our initial screening process for the position of First Officer at Hawaiian Airlines. We received many applications for this position. In the course of our screening process your qualifications were thoroughly reviewed. At this time your application will remain under further consideration and we may contact you in the future for additional screening.

We sincerely appreciate your continued interest in Hawaiian Airlines.

Mahalo,

Human Resources
Hawaiian Airlines

Is this just a general "hey we got your app" email?

Is this just a general "hey we got your app" email?

from what I understand, it means you're neither being called in at this time for phase III, nor are you being riffed out of the system. You have a certain number of points and if they happen to interview new P I/II people who score higher than you, then you remain in status quo, if however the next group of people who interview in October all score lower than you, then you are next in line for P III.

Best of luck, it's a great company with a bright future.

Ok so there were two different letters that were emailed to everyone:

1. "Thank you for applying, but no thanks."
2. "Thank you for participating in our initial screening. Your application will remain under further consideration."

The 'thanks but no thanks' letter was reported by some that did phase 1/2 and some that didn't even make it that far.

What is also strange... there are guys who applied but didn't do Phase 1/2 that got the 'under consideration' e-mail.

I didn't get the ugly letter, but I still don't know what to think of the other either.

Yup I'm under consideration and have not done phase 1/2. I've skimmed a few threads but couldn't find much detail on what exactly phase 1/2 entails. Is it just a phone interview?

the thanks but no thanks is a "non starter" letter, that goes on at ANY Phase, even if you just applied and were waiting to see if they wanted to select you for an interview it means we're not thinking you're HAL material right now..

the under consideration letter ALSO can go out at any phase, and means we're mulling you over, and haven't decided one way or the other YET.

the "you're scheduled for Phase III, or Phase I/II" is what you want to see..... IF you pass all 3 phases, you are then sent a "class date".

Phase I/II are usually done in the same week, can be over two days, or can have a 3 day break in it... P I, is interview panels with various departments... non technical. P II is a battery of cognitive/psych tests followed by an HR panel.... IF both of those go well, then you are invited to P III for a LONG inventory of psych tests... if those go well, you're in.

of the 40 or so that come in a week for P I/II, about 5-7 make it thru to P III on any given week.

Thank you for taking the time to apply for the position of First Officer at Hawaiian Airlines. We received many applications for this position and the process is extremely competitive. We regret to inform you that at this time you have not been selected to move to the next step in our application process.

We appreciate your interest in Hawaiian Airlines and welcome you to reapply for this position in the future. Meanwhile, we wish you the best of luck as you continue to pursue your career objectives.

Mahalo,

Human Resources
Hawaiian Airlines

I received the email for "further screening" but no Phase I invite yet. Is there any way to update my resume or should I just go update on the hawaiianair.com employment site?

You can only update your pilot info stuff when they open the window.
The employment web site will let you in and you can update general stuff, but it will not go to the section with pilot times etc unless the window is open.

And no one I talked to knows how they pick for Phase l/ll. people with all different experience levels get called and hired.

You can only update your pilot info stuff when they open the window.
The employment web site will let you in and you can update general stuff, but it will not go to the section with pilot times etc unless the window is open.

And no one I talked to knows how they pick for Phase l/ll. people with all different experience levels get called and hired.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back