• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAWAIIAN Phase III invites

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From talking to people I know there and from knowing a lot of the people getting interviews this early...it sounds like these are all guys/gals that have reapplied again and just missed the cut the last go around so Hawaiian already has a pretty good idea about who they are without having to wade through the stack to pull out the ones with no history.

Heard...previous 1st/2nd interview combined into one day with 3rd interview the following day if selected with an immediate up or down at the end of the process. <--- someone interviewing please confirm.

Also heard interviews twice a month from now until November.

Good luck

yes a two step/day process, mine happen to be back to back, I wasn't sure when I saw only four of us day one, then I came back the next day with about 36 standing around for the physc tests, then I learned many had been there 3 or 4 days waiting for day two, so I was a bit lucky to have the whole go down two days back to back, this was back in July/August

I just received the email for an interview Monday the 25th, and a follow up on Thursday 28th? Anyone interview recently? Has HAL kept the same profile? Or has it changed as some of the previous posts indicate?

Last October the interview was as follows:
Phase 1 Panel followed by Sim and meet and greet with the CP
Phase 2 Physc Test, Math, English and then HR

Best of luck to all that have an interview and to all that applied!

I just received the email for an interview Monday the 25th, and a follow up on Thursday 28th? Anyone interview recently? Has HAL kept the same profile? Or has it changed as some of the previous posts indicate?

Last October the interview was as follows:
Phase 1 Panel followed by Sim and meet and greet with the CP
Phase 2 Physc Test, Math, English and then HR

Best of luck to all that have an interview and to all that applied!

July was:
day 1 fill out discrepancy log, meet and greet w/CP, sim
day 2 Physc, math, panel interview, (4 i think.)

Haven't heard anything about a Phase III, but was reading through some threads from a few years ago...

Does HR still send out rejection e-mails IF you were not successful at Phase II? Since I haven't seen a rejection letter I assume that I'm in the Phase III pool?

Do we stay in a pool for future Phase III invitations assuming they keep hiring over the next 2 years? Or will they most likely flush all the interviews in a year and we'll all have to re-apply?

I've heard that a couple of this months Phase III's actually interviewed last Fall. And out of the blue they received a Phase III invite. Is that typical to wait so long before hearing anything?

Some of what I read says that HR is trying to streamline the process, and not have people waiting so long to hear back. Is that mostly true? And does the Phase I "pilot stuff" hold more of the weight in deciding?...(IE: was the CP able to wrestle some of the hiring process back to the pilots side as I heard?)

Haven't heard anything about a Phase III, but was reading through some threads from a few years ago...

Does HR still send out rejection e-mails IF you were not successful at Phase II? Since I haven't seen a rejection letter I assume that I'm in the Phase III pool?

Do we stay in a pool for future Phase III invitations assuming they keep hiring over the next 2 years? Or will they most likely flush all the interviews in a year and we'll all have to re-apply?

I've heard that a couple of this months Phase III's actually interviewed last Fall. And out of the blue they received a Phase III invite. Is that typical to wait so long before hearing anything?

Some of what I read says that HR is trying to streamline the process, and not have people waiting so long to hear back. Is that mostly true? And does the Phase I "pilot stuff" hold more of the weight in deciding?...(IE: was the CP able to wrestle some of the hiring process back to the pilots side as I heard?)

During the meet and greet, they said they are going to start sending out letters. Either a Thanks/no thanks letter or a Your app is still under review letter. Tho, they said they haven't gone out, they will be mailed shortly. Good luck and lets hope we get the latter.

FWIW, I have flown with quite a few pilots that have been through the process more than once before finally getting hired. Apparently no, in some cases means don't give up. I also have flown with pilot's that had no inside contacts, lived on the mainland and got hired the first time they applied. I do know they are trying to hire from all different kinds of profiles.

How will things change when the supposed rumor of DAL buying HA transpire? I read on airliners that now that the dalpa TA was agreed to, the DAL CEO will pick up HA in short order due to the HND slots.

During the meet and greet, they said they are going to start sending out letters. Either a Thanks/no thanks letter or a Your app is still under review letter. Tho, they said they haven't gone out, they will be mailed shortly. Good luck and lets hope we get the latter.

Just a little confused....bare with me:beer:

Are you saying they should start sending out "thanks/no thanks" letters to unsuccessful Phase I/II attendees? Or are you referring to applicants who haven't or are not going to receive an interview? And if you had a successful interview then they let you know you're standing by for a Phase III possibly??

I've done Phase I and II (first time applicant).. So just hoping for a Phase III invite (or rejection letter if it didn't go as well as I had hoped). I'd much rather know I didn't match up with other interviewees than wonder for months if an e-mail is coming:)

Dan, once again thanks for the info. I personally know a few guys who have tried multiple times at Phase II..Also know a couple who made it on their first try out here. I'm obviously hoping to be in that first time successful group!!!... Hopefully I get a chance to fly with you on the -330 someday. You've been very informative, especially for a first timer like myself!

what started out as a "sure I'll apply", without really expecting to hear back since I've never been able to crack into a legacy/major carrier interveiw. Has turned into an all day every day type excitement at the possibility of not only spending my career out here in the islands, but doing it at a great company.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back