• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian Air news

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've heard Dunkerly said 30 recalls, and the planes are for more west coast flights AND new cities will be annouced. I've heard Koapaka asked Seavy if he has 50 lockers available for recalled pilots and someone else just told me he heard up to 80 recalls. So take yor choice!!
Regardless, it's a step in the right direction and will be great seeing you guys back.

Numbers

It's easy enough to figure the recall numbers. Crew scheduling figures 12 pilots per plane for west coast flying, and up to 24 for long distance (SYD, JFK etc). Whatever numbers you use subtract 10 for the 'overstaffing'. According to Dunkerley only three planes will be scheduled, so if they all go west coast that's 36 - 10 = 26 recalls.

Two west coast and 1 long distance 48 - 10 = 38 recalls.

One west coast and 2 long distance 60 - 10 = 50 recalls.

I'm sure at least one will cover the LAX and SEA flying they cut to start the SJC flying. After that, it's anyone's guess. As far as my leaving AWA/US, who knows. We don't even know what the combined seniority list here will look like, and probably won't for another year. It's probably gonna be a shot in the dark which way to go. All in all though, it's like taking a deep breath of fresh air after three years of holding it in. It's just nice to see positive news.

Also, my stock in Dunkerley went to an all-time high after hearing about the suit against Mesa. Way to go M.D.!

Good luck to all,

HAL

Last edited:
Glad to hear of the fleet expansion and upcoming recalls. Hope you guys continue to grow. Mahalo Hawaiian Airlines!!!!!!!

Whale Rider said:
Glad to hear of the fleet expansion and upcoming recalls. Hope you guys continue to grow. Mahalo Hawaiian Airlines!!!!!!!

Personally, I think Mesa, and my close friend, Jon Ornstein, really are getting the short end of the stick on this one. A little friendly competition never really hurts Southwest Airlines, so why is Hawaiian playing to the courts and the court of public opinion.

A bigger and more powerful Mesa airlines is actually very good for the industry as a whole.

Dave Siegel said:
Personally, I think Mesa, and my close friend, Jon Ornstein, really are getting the short end of the stick on this one. A little friendly competition never really hurts Southwest Airlines, so why is Hawaiian playing to the courts and the court of public opinion.

A bigger and more powerful Mesa airlines is actually very good for the industry as a whole.

Really, is this what you really think??

Before I respond I wnat to confirm that you aren't just baiting us gullible readers.
icon5.gif

FlickerFade said:
Really, is this what you really think??

Before I respond I wnat to confirm that you aren't just baiting us gullible readers.http://forums.flightinfo.com/images/icons/icon5.gif

Why wouldn't it be? Jon Ornstein and I have been close friends for a long time, and I would be happy to see him succeed, especially at the expense of others.

Sometimes you have to step on a few toes to get ahead in this world. The problem with you pilots is that you're all entirely too sensitive. You all talk tough, and say things about how important it is that you all stick together, but Frank Lorenzo and I just laugh.

I seriously doubt that you pilots have enough backbone to stick together, but if you do, it won't matter anyway.

Our careers, as management, are portable, and we will always land on our feet. If the Delta pilots want to sink that company like the pilots did at Eastern, one thing I know for sure is that Frank and I will still come out on top.

I don't lose sleep, or valuable time on the golf course worrying about the airline industry. I have an MBA and am well connected with other fine professional managers, so I know I'll never lack.

I tell you what, send me a resume, and the next time I get to the Big Island, maybe I'll let you caddie for me. Bring a friend, because Frank will probably be there too.

OMG that was great please keep it coming, you are too funny!

Dave Siegel said:
Why wouldn't it be? Jon Ornstein and I have been close friends for a long time, and I would be happy to see him succeed, especially at the expense of others.

Sometimes you have to step on a few toes to get ahead in this world. The problem with you pilots is that you're all entirely too sensitive. You all talk tough, and say things about how important it is that you all stick together, but Frank Lorenzo and I just laugh.

I seriously doubt that you pilots have enough backbone to stick together, but if you do, it won't matter anyway.

Our careers, as management, are portable, and we will always land on our feet. If the Delta pilots want to sink that company like the pilots did at Eastern, one thing I know for sure is that Frank and I will still come out on top.

I don't lose sleep, or valuable time on the golf course worrying about the airline industry. I have an MBA and am well connected with other fine professional managers, so I know I'll never lack.

I tell you what, send me a resume, and the next time I get to the Big Island, maybe I'll let you caddie for me. Bring a friend, because Frank will probably be there too.

Dave,
Maybe you should tell your buddy Mr. O to stop spouting his mouth to the local media here with misleading statements and flat out lies!
He had access to propriatary info during both Alohas/Hal's BK and is using that same info to enter the market.
As DK said in the paper today "WE WELCOME COMPETITION" not FEAR IT as Mr.O says. It's just his cutthroat business practices that we detest!
Message to Mr. O SAVE YOUR MONEY!! You will fail just like all the others that have come before you!!!!!!!!

IM OUT

Latest resources

Back