• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian adds 717s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hawaiian is sitting pretty these days... Aloha is gone, go! is about to be gone!

One crappy thing about HAL.... HR took over the pilot hiring. I believe it will become evident how crappy it is, if it hasn't already.

Hawaiian is sitting pretty these days... Aloha is gone, go! is about to be gone!

One crappy thing about HAL.... HR took over the pilot hiring. I believe it will become evident how crappy it is, if it hasn't already.

FWIW
The pilots they have hired all seem exceptional.
The Chief Pilots office still has a lot of influence.
As can be expected, if someone hasn't been hired they think the system is all screwed up.
They are not done hiring all the people that they have interviewed.

Thanks Erndogg. I knew the additional 717's couldn't all be from AirTran because I've seen photos of our new planes in Australia (in HA paint) with temporary Australian registrations on them. But I was confused when I heard Dunkerley say the first plane was in the paint shop in Miami. Finally it's beginning to make sense.

Now if I can just yell loud enough to help the Raiders to a win in MSY next week. :D

HAL

RAIDERS????????????

And I called you a friend. I am extremely disappointed in you.

The new plane I'm flying is black and silver, you'd love it. My KC Chief's pride (I know they suck) is really struggling with it. I got some Chief's sunscreens to help out, but I'm still struggling with it.

Oh well, at least it's not orange and blue!

RAIDERS????????????

My KC Chief's pride (I know they suck) is really struggling with it. I got some Chief's sunscreens to help out, but I'm still struggling with it.
May I suggest some therapy at the 'Library'? That should cure just about anything!

I know, I know, I've had a lifelong aversion to the Raiders myself. But I will cheer for them (grudgingly) when I fly them around. Throw in a nice layover in N.O. and it's almost bearable. :D

How are things over on the civilian side now? Looks like you made a pretty good decision to leave the US cesspool.

HAL

Pretty well I'd say. I'm happy again, I like flying again, the people I fly are great, and I don't have to think about mergers anymore!

Plus it's fun to hear all the comments about the cute little turboprop from all the "big" jet guys. I just smile and laugh at 'em. Flew 5 hours yesterday, all VFR, I even turned off the radio for awhile, pure bliss.

any of the hawaiian guys got insight on the email HR sent out to everyone that was in the 'pool' that said "thank you for your interest in the flight officer position. we regret to inform you that all the positions have been filled. we will keep your information on record for future reference...." in so many words....they sent it out monday morning, the time stamp said 5:30am....
i thought i was the only one, but then everyone that i had talked with that had gone through the second stage and had been waiting to hear about the third got the email as well.....
my guess would be that they are done with classes for the year....but i guess who knows....anything could happen....

Latest resources

Back