• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian adds 717s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You'll be happy to know Go is doing terrible!
Interesting development in the code share department,
apparently a 135 operation is trying to wet lease a couple E-170's from Republic and code share with someone. It's a bit of a flakey deal and I highly doubt that DAL would switch codeshare partners from Hawaiian to a 135 start up, but something is trying to be done. There's more info under the regional board.

Hawaiian Airlines dispatched its new Boeing 717-200 on its first flight to Maui. All 118 seats were filled.

First used Boeing 717-200. I belive it was aircrft # 762 at Airtran. Which was Hawaiians first they bought it back a little more used.

Hawaiian Airlines dispatched its new Boeing 717-200 on its first flight to Maui. All 118 seats were filled.

First used Boeing 717-200. I belive it was aircrft # 762 at Airtran. Which was Hawaiians first they bought it back a little more used.
No, all four 717's we (HA) bought recently were formerly from Impulse Airlines in Australia. That is, unless someone switched aircraft during the lease/purchase process.

HAL

I heard that a vacancy bid might be coming up soon. Anybody knows what 's going?

I was told by our mx guys @ Airtran we had 1 just leave to go back to HAL....left about a month ago I believe....a couple of others are parked in MCO

HAL,

I believe they are all from AirTran. Right before we announced them last summer, Dunkerley said in the pilot lounge that the Australian planes were in bad shape and that we were dealing with Boeing & AirTran.

I also had mechanics tell me that 2 of the planes were the ones we sent to AirTran during the bankruptcy.

The first 717 that is on line is from Airtran, 483HA. It was origanally ordered from Long Beach and returned to Boeing capital during the BK.
Airtran still has 482HA which was the other 717 we returned.
Interesting note: They kept the first class lav installed by Airtran in 483. So I think that aircraft has less seats than our others.

The next 3 that are coming are from Impulse Airlines and are being refurbished in Adalaide Aust.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back