• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian adds 717s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
any of the hawaiian guys got insight on the email HR sent out to everyone that was in the 'pool' that said "thank you for your interest in the flight officer position. we regret to inform you that all the positions have been filled. we will keep your information on record for future reference...." in so many words....they sent it out monday morning, the time stamp said 5:30am....
i thought i was the only one, but then everyone that i had talked with that had gone through the second stage and had been waiting to hear about the third got the email as well.....
my guess would be that they are done with classes for the year....but i guess who knows....anything could happen....

It seemed like an automated response to me, who knows what it means?
They might have not even known it went out.

any of the hawaiian guys got insight on the email HR sent out to everyone that was in the 'pool' that said "thank you for your interest in the flight officer position. we regret to inform you that all the positions have been filled. we will keep your information on record for future reference...." in so many words....they sent it out monday morning, the time stamp said 5:30am....
i thought i was the only one, but then everyone that i had talked with that had gone through the second stage and had been waiting to hear about the third got the email as well.....
my guess would be that they are done with classes for the year....but i guess who knows....anything could happen....
One of our Captains told me that he was flying with one of our new hires last week - and that new hire got the same letter! Just goes to show you that when you turn the hiring process over to HR the opportunity to screw things up multiply several-fold.

That isn't to say that we didn't hire some great people, but the process itself was flawed and not what we should have been doing from a pilot's perspective.

I wouldn't worry about the letter too much though. If you're in the system now we'll make sure you stay there until the new hiring begins (whenever that is). Good luck!

HAL

I thought the Seahawks had their own 767?

William Allen does, HAL flies the Seahawks and the Oakland Riders to all their games.

I wouldn't brag about flying the Faiders around!!! :puke:

That sounds exactly like the letter I got back in 2001 the day before Judy called me with a class date. Judy said it was worded that way by the lawyers just in case....so it couldn't be called a firm offer if things went south.

Latest resources

Back