Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Have you ever had a captain (or FO) that makes up his own procedures?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

This one should be interesting. I hear all kinds of stories of captains (or FO's) that like to make up their own procedures and have these (at least in their mind) rationalizations for making up their own procedures. Anyone?

Moss captinz fink dat dey is Supaman and never use da O2 when the FO leaves the cockpit so dey can flirt wid da honeyzz.... Bouyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

LOL.....

I was talking to FAA inspector (maint) that was jumpseating one of the pilots leaves the cockpit to go use the lav. No mask on the captain. He goes "guys I'm not going to do anything but you have 110 people behind you what do you think would happen if we had a rapid?" Enough said. Why would anyone do that with a FAA inspector in the jumpseat?

What would happen??? The same as if both pilots were up there. He would done his mask and select 100 percent....he just wouldn't have to establish crew communication. That is the dumbest rule I have ever heard of....I pull it out and put it on my lap.

I hear it now....The mask, I pull the mask out and put it on my lap.

Last edited:
What would happen??? The same as if both pilots were up there. He would done his mask and select 100 percent....he just wouldn't have to establish crew communication. That is the dumbest rule I have ever heard of....I pull it out and put it on my lap.

I hate to agree with the HoJets pilot, but this is the most absurd rule in the book.

Would like to go on public record of saying that I am not a GoJet Pilot....A couple of dudes that used to be GoJet had abused my passcode...and I admit I let them use it but it was before FlightInfo went to a 10 dollar fee...I fly a MU-2 out of SLC.

This one should be interesting. I hear all kinds of stories of captains (or FO's) that like to make up their own procedures and have these (at least in their mind) rationalizations for making up their own procedures. Anyone?

Aint dat da Kapitan's rite? I thought da Kapitan can does watt he wants ta....... Bouyyyyyyyyyyy.....

Would like to go on public record of saying that I am not a GoJet Pilot....A couple of dudes that used to be GoJet had abused my passcode...and I admit I let them use it but it was before FlightInfo went to a 10 dollar fee...I fly a MU-2 out of SLC.

Sounds fishy, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I hear it now....The mask, I pull the mask out and put it on my lap.

Honestly, you'd be better off leaving it in the stow box if you're not going to put it on. If you get a rapid decompression and the mask slips to the floor (not unlikely in that scenario), you're going to be wasting time trying to find the hose and then the mask on teh end of it. At least in the box, you know right where it is.

I hate to agree with the HoJets pilot, but this is the most absurd rule in the book.

I'm guessing that an explosive decompression at altitude might change your thinking on that. One of those things that almost certainly will never happen, but if it does, watch out. Anyone who's sure that he wouldn't be a bit discombobulated as the TUC clock started to count down is dreaming IMO. Besides, I always feel better after a few minutes of O2-it's as close to an antidote for today's scheduling practices as I've ever seen.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back