Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Have you ever had a captain (or FO) that makes up his own procedures?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So the company's fashion rules are sacrosanct, but a rule designed to keep you conscious during a rapid decompression is stupid?

The reason I wear the hat has nothing to do with the company rules. I wear the hat because of tradition and because it promotes a professional image of my chosen profession. I don't need an FOM to tell me to look like a professional air line pilot.

The reason I wear the hat has nothing to do with the company rules. I wear the hat because of tradition and because it promotes a professional image of my chosen profession. I don't need an FOM to tell me to look like a professional air line pilot.

So are you intentionally non-compliant on the mask rule (don't answer that -- I don't expect you to implicate yourself) or do you comply 100% and are just on here venting because you don't like the rule?

I'm just trying to figure out if dress code traditions and image are more important to you than actual rules designed to protect passengers, freight, crew and hulls.

I'll just know from now on not to take you too seriously when you lecture others about professional behavior. Seems your idea of professionalism might have more to do with image than performance.

So are you intentionally non-compliant on the mask rule (don't answer that -- I don't expect you to implicate yourself) or do you comply 100% and are just on here venting because you don't like the rule?

I won't be answering the first question, but yes, I disagree completely with the rule. I think it's absurd.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back