Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

have an interview wih the emirates , any gouge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Midnight Mike said:
And pilots actually pass this Psychological Assesment, or, are pilots exected to fail?

Some of us do. We score very well on marking appointments on the correct day :D . Speaking of that, are you back in London ?

TP

typhoonpilot said:
Some of us do. We score very well on marking appointments on the correct day :D . Speaking of that, are you back in London ?

TP

Tim

Ha! Ha! You know for me to make an error, it was a very bad day. Yep, I am back in London till the middle of August.....

Mike

If anyone cares, I just re-scheduled my interview for 8-10 October, so I guess it's time to spend more money on books. I need to figure out some travel plans too - it sucks to be furloughed!

ILStoMinimums said:
What does an Emirates pilot max out at?

Difficult question to answer. The package of an expat is very different than what you would get in the States. The better question is, "how much money can you put in your pocket every month ?". The bottom line, so to speak. As a junior captain my basic pay is $7600 per month. I pay 0 taxes, 0 for accomodation, 0 for utilities, and only need one car as the company car picks me up for work. Besides food and entertainment my expenses are minimal so I pocket most of what I make. The top guys in the airline for 20 years are closer to $14,000 per month.

TP

As an expat, do you have to file a US 1040 every year? It's bizarre to think that all the $$ goes in your pocket - what a concept!! Looking forward to seeing Dubai in October.

ForgedBlade said:
As an expat, do you have to file a US 1040 every year? It's bizarre to think that all the $$ goes in your pocket - what a concept!! Looking forward to seeing Dubai in October.

All Americans are required to report their worldwide income every year. One of the few countries that has this requirement. If you are residing in a country outside of the USA then you qualify for a "foreign earned income deduction", currently $80,000. You also get whatever other deductions you qualify for, so you really need to have over $100,000 in income before having to pay any taxes to Uncle Sam.

TP

typhoonpilot said:
Difficult question to answer. The package of an expat is very different than what you would get in the States. The better question is, "how much money can you put in your pocket every month ?". The bottom line, so to speak. As a junior captain my basic pay is $7600 per month. I pay 0 taxes, 0 for accomodation, 0 for utilities, and only need one car as the company car picks me up for work. Besides food and entertainment my expenses are minimal so I pocket most of what I make. The top guys in the airline for 20 years are closer to $14,000 per month.

TP

That's very nice. I'm amazed at the fact that the company treats their employees so well!

Latest resources

Back