Hater in the House!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AviatorTx said:
The one point that nobody can seem to successfully argue against though is the fact that this industry will NEVER be what it once was. What it WAS, is the reason that many of us came here.
I have never said that this industry hasn't changed drastically over the last 25 years or so. Might I suggest you read "Hard Landings." Perhaps if you had read it prior to becoming a pilot you could have made a more informed decision. If you had read it you would know that just because the industry is good today doesn't mean it will be the same tomorrow. It also means that the industry is bound to get better again, and then take another turn for the worse down the road. It's cyclical and my point is that you can't b!tch about how crappy the industry has treated you just because it's on a downturn. I know you all dream of flying prior to deregulation back in the glory days but the industry isn't the same and as a result, the pilots can't get paid on the same scales, as unfortunate as that is. Believe me, I wish we did. Reality is not always what we want it to be but your destiny is in your hands and if you don't like the hand you've been dealt, fold your cards and leave the table. You can't live in the past. Make a decision today that will provide you with security in 20 years. Obviously you don't think this industry can provide you with that security so you should probably find something else. Otherwise, ante up and play your cards. Who knows what'll be dealt in the future, but I for one am willing to stick around to find out what kind of hand I have. As far as I'm concerned, I could go find another job but that would be like folding and you can't win the pot if you do that.

I was 31 or so when I moved into flying, and as I said before, I would never go back by choice.

atrdriver

For those of you who are unhappy, did you seek God's will? Seriously. If you are unhappy with your life, a must read is "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. It will change your life.

Fly safe

reddie2fly said:
For those of you who are unhappy, did you seek God's will?
I can't see how the will of an imaginary friend would make a difference.

"You may say I'm young and naive to think that a major airline career with a decent paycheck and plenty of days off is attainable. I say you're right. There is a benefit to being young... it's the ability to not let life beat you down and let anyone think you can't achieve your goals.

I guess I'm also young enough to back out of this silly career, go back to school, and become a surgeon or something. But that just doesn't sound like much fun. I wouldn't mind going back to college... but it wouldn't be to study!"
====

Amen bro!

Flyingdutchman said:
"You may say I'm young and naive to think that a major airline career with a decent paycheck and plenty of days off is attainable. I say you're right. There is a benefit to being young... it's the ability to not let life beat you down and let anyone think you can't achieve your goals.

I guess I'm also young enough to back out of this silly career, go back to school, and become a surgeon or something. But that just doesn't sound like much fun. I wouldn't mind going back to college... but it wouldn't be to study!"
====

Amen bro!
TOOL!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back