• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has USAPA Contacted You?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm gonna upgrade in two years??? Better go get that boat-trader magazine and start looking - i need time to do my research.

Jackass....

Well, you all seem to be spouting off about the 300 East upgrades so far that all should be yours. So yes, with Nic you should prepare for upgrade.

Maybe if you took time to understand things instead of throwing insults this would make sense.

Maybe he was talking about the E-190 Upgrades that the West got in arbitration but are unable to get access to till the USCABA era ends?

Now where does O'Dell end up in this world? He is 4769 on the Nicolau, which by my calculations would put him at 10730 on the combined list, or 970 numbers from the bottom. .

You need to rerun your calculations - he's 970 on the Nic list NOW - today!

. The problem I have with the nic is it puts the younger guys with less seniority ahead of older more senior pilots. Nothing sucks more than the guy who is younger and senior. As I look at the list there is no logical place for mid seniority UAL pilots. (no I am not a fan of relative seniority) I would rather go DOH with fences

And there you have it.

Thanks for replying Eaglesview as I was fishing for a reply from a United dude.

Who knows what sort of integration would really go down--but it will start with the Nic list on the US side.

You are correct in assuming that know one here knows how the final integration will go but after looking at the nic award I sure don't want to start there. I do believe the USAir merger commitee gambled and lost. I do not think the entire USAir group should be punished for it as the nic clearly does. If the merger happens (praying to the "let's go our seperate way" gods now) hopefully calmer heads will prevail.

Also I am looking forward to the union vote if the merger does go through. There are a number of UAL folk who have had it with ALPA. How about UAPA??

I do believe the USAir merger commitee gambled and lost. I do not think the entire USAir group should be punished for it as the nic clearly does.
Have you actually read the Nicolau Award? You must not have since there's no vindictiveness or talk of punishment in it. It's nothing more than one of the most experienced arbitrators in the country doing what he thought was fair and he very clearly explained his reasoning. You're welcome to disagree with him but it's disingenuous to say he meted out any "punishment".

The Eastie's careers suffered due to two bankruptcies. Nicolau simply refused to restore their careers at the West's expense.

Not to mention the only complaint the East's Pilot Neutral stated was he felt the guys called back since the merger should be placed higher on the list. At that point about 300. Other than that, he commended Nicolau on his handling of the situation.

Latest resources

Back