• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has USAPA Contacted You?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah and those headlights are attached to a 60,000 lb. semi with UNITED written on the side. I almost forgot, behind the first semi is another semi hauling a full load of "binding arbitration". Poor stupid Easties.

A merger with UAL ain't gonna include the west. So you will be free from those stupid easties one way or another. You can do some binding arbitration with Mesa next.

A merger with UAL ain't gonna include the west. So you will be free from those stupid easties one way or another. You can do some binding arbitration with Mesa next.

Good point. I think you are spot on if they try to merge.

What does STFU mean?
Anyway, the new Union is much like the binding arbitration. It is all about if you are willing to except what you perceive as fair. We will not accept the Nic award, the same way you are now not accepting USAPA. Telling us to accept Nic is like us telling you to accept USAPA. Same concept. Binding is binding is easier said then done. Like the East did, the West will now fight for their interests. We did and got a new Union.

You're trying to compare voting in a false union to neutral binding arbitration? What an idiot.

Heh Weasel and MCDUh. Do you not realize that a lot of the posters on here that are disgusted by your actions are from other airlines. How do you even walk through a terminal surrounded by fellow pilots that think you're the stuff scraped off a shoe.

I didn't realize that US Airways was in such superb financial condition. :rolleyes:

Both airlines are in desperate condition and their managements are out-of-ideas except to combine companies and slash capacity . . . anywhere from at least 10% to more likely 25%. Further, some of the best stuff, like DC, will probably have to be divested for anti-trust conditions.

Anyone involved in this better get their position on the seniority list as high as possible, because big cuts are a-commin' . . . if the deal even goes through.

United ALPA remembers the BS that preceeded the previous "merger" attempt. They don't want any part of LCC, so a integration will be interesting. Maybe USAPA will insist on binding arbitration.:laugh:

Last edited:
Marty, how can I join if they won't contact me to join?

I thought during this time of transition we are all part of the new union. But from your post, it would seem only the East is part of the new union and the west is shut out?

Anyway, the new Union is much like the binding arbitration. It is all about if you are willing to except what you perceive as fair. We will not accept the Nic award, the same way you are now not accepting USAPA. Telling us to accept Nic is like us telling you to accept USAPA. Same concept.

Except the west never agreed to USAPA, but the east agreed to binding arbitration. It's about honoring your committments. Of course that requires honor, something in short suppply ay USAPA.

USAPA has come a long way in just a few months.

Trajectory matters. Pity USAPA's is downward.

Elections coming soon.

Interesting! What will USAPA do if a few of it's elected reps take action(s) to undermine USAPA? Will they be placed in receivership? How will USAPA deal with disgruntled members? Karnak predicts the entree will be Hypocrisy, with a side of Irony.

Rome was not buildt in a day...

Yeah, but it burned in a day! Got your fiddle, Nero?

...the pilots who started USAPA are regular line guys who were disgusted at how they were represented.

I gather.

So now they're the dog who caught the car. Their representational dream has come true! They are "in charge". THEY get to decide.

Problem: There are no solutions within the fundamental ideology of USAPA. Their Nicene Creed is one line: "We believe the Nicolau Award must not stand."

'Kay.

Regardless of how that gordian knot gets cut, there will be no unity at USAirways. Management knows that. So essentially, all USAPA has done is gain adversaries.

You can watch and sit there and whine all you want,

Awesome motto! Put that on the logo.

An organization FOUNDED by whiners whining ought to incorporate that theme on their business cards.

In case of a merger, we are better off not being in ALPA.

Epic! In case of a merger, you'll be steered to binding arbitration! Your leadership will solemnly sign documents to abide by an arbitrator's ruling.

So help me out here, Madam Cleo: Will they be lying?

If the OTHER side agrees to binding arbitration, then changes their mind if the ruling makes them angry...will you support that?

I do hope the United thing does not happen. United needs our cash. They are burning through 6 mio. a day and have no long term business plan. No planes on order.

Not to worry! Their business plan is to go back into Chapter 11 after having just emerged a couple of years ago...to viciously pound Labor a second time.

Psst! Guess where they got that "plan"?

Except the west never agreed to USAPA, but the east agreed to binding arbitration. It's about honoring your committments. Of course that requires honor, something in short suppply ay USAPA.

In honor of Cinco De Mayo... ¡Absolutamente!

Latest resources

Back