• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has the "luster" really gone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Regardless of your current status....

WrightAvia said:
like that one that shows the single mom in her airline pilot style uniform on the wing of a senica, with her childeren standing next to her. Good ad by the way...sue the ex-husband for flight school money to move into an exciting career, where being at home alot and making tonnes of money right out of the starting gate is a happening thing!
I think I hear the sarcasm... Hopefully, that's a staged photo. It makes me sick! Any woman placing herself in that situation is horribly selfish. She needs to be with those kids 7 days a week. Day-working moms are bad enough, but being away from home 3-5 days at a time would be abusive. I don't care if anyone thinks this is chauvanistic - it's a fact!

Ever wonder why women get so belligerent when the issue of their working and what effect it has on their children they've pawned off on day care at 6 weeks of age?! It's based mostly on guilt! Some, understandably, have to work. Most don't. It's one of the great oxymorons of the PC era... professional career mom. Can't do both effectively.

sorry to get off track.

As for the image of the profession. I've said it many times. *All* that matters is perception. Overweight, sloppy uniforms, swearing or not just acting the part. It all chips away at the image/perception. I know how little some make, but that doesn't mean you can't buy a can of shoe polish (anyone ever use that stuff any more?), keep your weight reasonable and your shirt tucked in neatly.

my 2 cents

Last edited:
Wow, and I used to get made fun of by some because my shirts were always pressed and my hair was always cut and neat. Guess they just disn't know me on my days off.

What really chaps me is when someone walking through the terminal in uniform is telling a story to his/her co-worker about the last time they got trashed!

No wonder people are worried about their pilots being drunk!

To the guy that works for Eagle: I also work for Eagle, out on the rock (SJU) You come here and wear the stupid hat in 100% humidty and 95+ temps!! Give me a FREAKING BREAK!!!! Also if I made more than 16,000 a year a could afford new shoes!!! GET A REALITY CHECK!!! The AA guys can afford those Things!!! (Dripping with sarcasm!!!)

Oh please, spare us the 'poor-me' routine. I was based down there in that hole for 9 months as a new-hire, and know well enough that when it's 94 outside, it's always a nice 75 in the terminal. Plus, you never have to wear your jacket down there (last I knew), so is it really a big deal to wear your hat when you walk down to 'El Patio', or whatever other nasty restaurant they have there now? Does making $16k/yr mean that you don't have to iron your shirt on overnights? Most of the pilots down there seem to think so. You're just trying to justify why you look like a complete slob, and I don't buy it.

I also work for Eagle, out on the rock (SJU) You come here and wear the stupid hat in 100% humidty and 95+ temps!! Give me a FREAKING BREAK!!!! Also if I made more than 16,000 a year a could afford new shoes!!! GET A REALITY CHECK!!!

Speaking of fashion, AskMen.com has a load of fashion tips every week on their website.

Fashion Tips

Latest resources

Back