• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has much changed at Frontier?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There will be approx. 40 Lynx pilots held on to until September, at which point Bedford will shut down the operation altogether. Lynx pilots were offered pilot positions at Republic, but I'm guessing few to none will take them.

Is that from the mouths of the Lynx guys themselves? I wouldn't blame them for leaving - the Lynx pilots (especially the captains) are in for a world of hurt at RAH.

Just for perspective: I know better than most here what a **** operation RAH is, but Lynx wasn't exactly sunshine and candy canes, either. The DEN base and schedules were nice, but their payscale was closer to Great Lakes' than to Republic's, and that was for their 72-seat Q400s.

Glad to hear things at F9 haven't deteriorated yet, but with RAH schedulers and dispatchers moving in, it's only a matter of time before you guys see signs of things to come. Brace for impact, and best of luck.

Palmtree - I get where you're coming from, but I think we as a profession have more important things to worry about (both at FI and on the macro scale) than CandC's description of his social life.

Last edited:
No offense to you as I don't know you personally and you maybe a stellar individual in your community and company. How can you expect a profession such as ours to be taken serious by outsiders, that roam these public boards all the time, when there are many like you that have drinking screen names and things such as "I bang the chick below" and "drilling the chick above" in your profile?

Try looking at a board for doctors or many other professions and see if they are acting like college frat kids with their screen names and profiles. The general public probably doesn't get a "warm fuzzy" about the professional pilot community in general when they see screen names and profiles like yours. These are the things they remember, not your explanation of the subject.

It's a free world and I am only suggesting that we all try to be a bit more respectable when having something to due with our profession when in the public eye.

Pt P
I agree, and quit walking around with your back packs and I-pod buds in your ears, you think you look cool but it gives no confindence to pax.

Potato.. pay rates aside Lynx was a fantastic regional operation. Good schedules, good work rules, phenomenal flight ops management team that gave their crews tons of latitude and support to run a safe and efficient operation. Little to no micro management. It's going to be sorely missed by many.

And lay off Cnc, he's a good guy. I'm not sure the screen name Palmtree Pilot and a Beavis and Butthead character is any more "professional". This is an anonymous message board where a lot of less than "professional" stuff is said. While pilots have a perception problem that needs to be addressed I don't think avatars on anon message boards are the root of the problem.

cale

I enjoy a good crown and coke and I would do her too. Maybe we should let the pax in on some of our training and PT and PC and see how much confidence they have after that.

Potato.. pay rates aside Lynx was a fantastic regional operation. Good schedules, good work rules, phenomenal flight ops management team that gave their crews tons of latitude and support to run a safe and efficient operation. Little to no micro management. It's going to be sorely missed by many.

And lay off Cnc, he's a good guy. I'm not sure the screen name Palmtree Pilot and a Beavis and Butthead character is any more "professional". This is an anonymous message board where a lot of less than "professional" stuff is said. While pilots have a perception problem that needs to be addressed I don't think avatars on anon message boards are the root of the problem.

cale

+1!! Of the three 121 airlines I've worked at, Lynx was the best and my favorite. You nailed it.

And I think CnC's profile is pretty funny.

Wow! you two are delusional, Lynx was a dump from the start. Good work rules? I think you need to look at the "Pilot Handbook" and then read express jet's contract. I think you have both been beaten into submission. The only good thing at Lynx was the last Chief Pilot, but by then the damage was already done and SL wasn't going to let things change for the better. Think back to how many times you got screwed on your pay or on your 4 days off they conveniently put you PC right in the middle just after the bid results came out. Flight op's management, do you not remember how the flight attendants have been treated by their esteemed leader?

I had high hopes for the place, it could have been a "fantastic regional operation" but it fell far short of that. Things could have been a lot different if it wasn't for the problems at F9. Dont mistake liking a DEN base for a fantastic regional. Lynx's management doesn't deserve the praise after what they have pulled over the years.

Wow PSMD.. sorry you disliked it so much. Not sure who you are or when you left, but I stand by what I said. Aside from the actual pay rates we are well treated. The current work rules are very much in line with the better regional contracts. There were definite flaws that needed to be addressed and would have continued to have been, but all in all we were well treated. Look at how many good things got put in place in the short time Lynx did exist, would have continued.

Now.. I did not intend to include the cabin crew in my comments about flight ops management, that is a whole other ball game, I have no disagreements there.

Oh and my PC's and RGS were always scheduled 2 months prior and I could bid accordingly to where I wanted them on my schedule. There may be better ways to do it, but that was reasonably fair.

wow...with so many other "unprofessional" avatars and screen names out here, I'm surprised mine got singled out...whatever.

Lynx was an awesome place, pay notwithstanding. Most of the time, when people talk about a pilot group and say it's a good group of guys, I roll my eyes. Places like Skywest, Pinnacle, and Republic come to mind. Not Lynx. Lynx was an awesome group of guys and gals. Tons of experience combined with good work ethic made this place what it was. Top it off that 95% of us had good relationships with the schedulers and management team.

It will be missed.

No offense to you as I don't know you personally and you maybe a stellar individual in your community and company. How can you expect a profession such as ours to be taken serious by outsiders, that roam these public boards all the time, when there are many like you that have drinking screen names and things such as "I bang the chick below" and "drilling the chick above" in your profile?

Try looking at a board for doctors or many other professions and see if they are acting like college frat kids with their screen names and profiles. The general public probably doesn't get a "warm fuzzy" about the professional pilot community in general when they see screen names and profiles like yours. These are the things they remember, not your explanation of the subject.

It's a free world and I am only suggesting that we all try to be a bit more respectable when having something to due with our profession when in the public eye.

Pt P

I am glad that your avatar commands such respect of the public. Our profession really needs Butthead.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back