• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has Delta Called You Yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I have been told the average pilot with no major internal lor's will need about 5000-7000 ttl and at least 1000 PIC turbine. If you have a few internal recs then all of that is out the window. They made the mins low so they could get young friends and family in first.

I think you might be right about the competitive mins being about 5,000-7,000 ttl with plenty of PIC. The average DAL new hire in 2001 had about 5,500 hrs ttl.

As far as why the mins are below that, you can only guess, but I suspect that DAL also wants to leave the door open for ANG and active military fighter pilots who often aren't high time, but adjust well to DAL's training program and have the leadership skills, judgement and situational awareness DAL is also looking for.

Will

From what I have been told the average pilot with no major internal lor's will need about 5000-7000 ttl and at least 1000 PIC turbine. If you have a few internal recs then all of that is out the window. They made the mins low so they could get young friends and family in first.

I think you might be right about the competitive mins being about 5,000-7,000 ttl with plenty of PIC. The average DAL new hire in 2001 had about 5,500 hrs ttl.

As far as why the mins are below that, we can only guess, but I suspect that DAL also wants to leave the door open for ANG and active military fighter pilots who often aren't high time, but adjust well to DAL's training program and have the leadership skills, judgement and situational awareness DAL is also looking for.

Will letters of recommendation help? You bet.

Nepotism rule dropped?

I would imagine the first 200 pilots will be former interns/employees and son's/daughters of current pilots.

Relatives of a current DAL employee used to be INELIGIBLE for hiring. At least one pilot agreed to retire early so his son could get a new-hire slot. Has this rule been changed?

Delta does not require 1000 PIC. It requires 1200tt, and 1000 of turboprop/turbofan.

What do I mean by real flight time? I would say someone who has at least 1000 PIC at a 121 Carrier, or 135 Operator.

You don't consider military time real flight time?

Last edited:
Because of all the pay cuts and dilution of your benefits, shouldn’t this be in the regional section?!

Just kiddin’
Sorry eltoids, couldn’t resist! ;)

Wish you all the very best -and I mean it!!!

Just part of the game. Is it fair? Not at all. That's just the way it is.

More power to them.

Exactly, more power to 'em. If I had the desire to work at Delta (or whoever it may be), and I had someone to get my stuff to the top of the long list, i would be all over it. Id be on it like a rat on a cheetoe (ill have to give credit to Roy D. Mercer for that one).

What he is saying is that military pilots to do accrue flight time as quickly. DAL loves their military pilots. Therefore their mins are very low to accommodate these pilots.

Latest resources

Back