Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has Dayjet begun revenue flights? What's the status?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

I heard a rumor that Dayjet has already started up revenue flights? Is that true? I read that there seems to be a lot of activity between Boca Raton and Gainsville.

What's the update on hiring and number of aircraft expected before the end of the year?

I heard one on center or app. freq. the other day. Can't say if it was revenue or not. They were going into Sarasota or somewhere on the west coast of FL.

How many current pilots at Dayjet and how many expected to be hired through the end of 07?

I've heard the 50K figure thrown around for captain pay on the Eclipse, what would be the FO pay?

Accuse me of 'lowering the bar' if you like, but for a 9hr/day home-every-night fixed schedule at a startup $50k + bennies doesnt sound too bad for VLJ pay.

If FO pay is in the $30k region it will beat the regionals with a QOL that won't even compare.

Last edited:
Accuse me of 'lowering the bar' if you like, but for a 9hr/day home-every-night fixed schedule at a startup $50k + bennies doesnt sound too bad for VLJ pay.

If FO pay is in the $30k region it will beat the regionals with a QOL that won't even compare.

Try to live near Boca Raton on that salary. You better hope your spouse makes money too if you are married with kids.

It would not surprise me if a bunch of early-retirement Delta pilots who cashed out applied for these positions.

You can't live in Ft. Worth for that kind of money.

Although it wouldn't be too bad if they started paying you both the captain and FO salary when they go single pilot. $80K would be doable.

don't forget about stock options, as well ......

Try to live near Boca Raton on that salary. You better hope your spouse makes money too if you are married with kids.
you're right about that, but $50K in Lakeland or Gainsville isn't too bad .....

Apparently you need 3000 hrs minimum and one of the flight standards managers was quoted in an article saying --"Both pilots help passengers on board and explain safety procedures, but in the air everything is handled by only one. "The pilot pulls the gear up, moves the flaps. The non-flying pilot monitors all these things and will be checked with a high degree of discipline."

What's that all about? And where are their pilots coming from? Are pilots with 3000+ hours going to leave a regional or fractional job to take a position with an unproven air carrier, on an unproven aircraft/powerplant, using an unproven business model?

Well, seeing as how a job at Home Depot would be a step up from a regional I don't see how going to Dayjets would be a demotion.

Of all my buddies that went to the regionals only one still remains. The rest aren't even flying anymore and the one left would gladly eat a bullet if he could afford one.

The pay at Dayjets sucks. But if the schedule holds together that would be one hell of a QOL. And something a lot of people might look into.

Dayjet requires it's pilot to perform non-flying duties when not in the cockpit.

Latest resources

Back