Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has Dayjet begun revenue flights? What's the status?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So is it a time builder? I can see the interviewer at an airline...
"So let me get this straight, as the 'FO' you watched the PF manipulate all controls and levers and you did what exactly...talk on the radio and fetch Cokes? You are flying an airplane with what a 5,000lb GTOW?"

It sounds like a great retirement job or furlough job. I could be wrong though and it will create more aviation jobs.

I'm with the guy that said get 'em out of the "jet" airspace. The other day I was held at FL290 for traffic. It seemed forever later we passed...or blew by a turbo prop towing banners at FL310. We flew directly under it as it was on the airway. I asked the controller what that thing was that we smoked by, he was doing like .52 or something. He said it was a Piaggo (sp? can't even pronounce it). There should be some capability requirement for busy airspace, IMHO.

Not being a hater here, just having some fun. Good luck to all that fly it.

I read that there seems to be a lot of activity between Boca Raton and Gainsville.
Gainesville is the other Eclipse Maintainence Facility aside from ABQ. My buddy took their Eclipse down there the other day, because aparantly at every 100 hrs the front windows have to be replaceddue to chance of them "popping out"!! nice huh. He said that the Dayjet planes there all had around 900 hrs on or so, but he believed that they had not been doing any rev flights yet. Must be training and promoting like crazy.

Gainesville is the other Eclipse Maintainence Facility aside from ABQ. My buddy took their Eclipse down there the other day, because aparantly at every 100 hrs the front windows have to be replaceddue to chance of them "popping out"!! nice huh. He said that the Dayjet planes there all had around 900 hrs on or so, but he believed that they had not been doing any rev flights yet. Must be training and promoting like crazy.
Dayjet should go with another airplane while they still have the chance.

Dayjet should go with another airplane while they still have the chance.

I still think the Adams 700 jet looks cooler (nice ramp presence - it doesn't scare you like the puny Eclipse can) and it offers more room for not much more money. I think a couple of air-taxi operators already have big orders for the 700. No way Dayjet could get a Cessna Mustang for at least a few years...

Too bad Adams has been so late in developing the 700 - that could have been the better choice.

So is it a time builder? I can see the interviewer at an airline...
"So let me get this straight, as the 'FO' you watched the PF manipulate all controls and levers and you did what exactly...talk on the radio and fetch Cokes? You are flying an airplane with what a 5,000lb GTOW?"

It sounds like a great retirement job or furlough job. I could be wrong though and it will create more aviation jobs.

I'm with the guy that said get 'em out of the "jet" airspace. The other day I was held at FL290 for traffic. It seemed forever later we passed...or blew by a turbo prop towing banners at FL310. We flew directly under it as it was on the airway. I asked the controller what that thing was that we smoked by, he was doing like .52 or something. He said it was a Piaggo (sp? can't even pronounce it). There should be some capability requirement for busy airspace, IMHO.

Not being a hater here, just having some fun. Good luck to all that fly it.

It's all right, half the Ctr controllers can't pronounce it either, and, Sorry if our banners got in your way!
Hopefully it added to your monthly credit hrs, all us slowpokes will keep you from living on monthly guarantee!

Latest resources

Back