Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has Dayjet begun revenue flights? What's the status?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most jobs do. Flying is the least of what I'm paid for. How much is required would be of interest.

Cleaning and restocking the cabin, updating charts, filing flight plans, arranging transportation, etc would be considered normal flight ops.

Washing the owners car, walking the dog, or cold call sales would not be the norm.

Their DJS callsign can be tracked on FlightAware. 109, 110, 115, 116, 126 and 130DJ all seem to be active. 131, 132, 134, 135, 136, 139, 141 and 142DJ are still registered to Eclipse. Looks like they have a few RVSM. Appears a couple are in DC, probably for investors to look at.

PJ

I was in ABQ the other day and there were probably 8-10 Eclipse jets on the ramp (they're made here in ABQ). I took a close look at the plane and talked to a couple of Eclipse instructors.

First impression, its a "cute, little airplane". This thing is SMALL. The one I looked at had 5 seats. To watch the pilots get out, was painful. I cant imagine more than 2 adults in the back seats, and that will be very tight. No baggage space. Garment bags? no way.

.64 mach @ 41,000.
1500 pounds of fuel.
Max weight of <6000.

The guys that I talked to, said that they are selling lots of these things. About a 2 year backlog for delivery.

They are having training issues. Training is taking longer than alotted.

A couple problems are...
1) no flight director.
2) No GPS. It has all the neat looking EFIS, but its navigated like the C152 I learned in...VORs and radials. Guys are having a problem going back to this "old school flying".

To answer the original question:

I saw a Dayjet Eclipse in PNS 2 days ago take on a passenger and depart.

IN other news, that thing is TINY, and it looked as if they were having trouble fitting the lady's roller bag in the thing. And if me and the rest of us who fly real jets begin taking vectors, climbs, or descents because these modern-day speed bumps are up at 410 with us we should lobby for a rule regarding capability at altitude. Example: If you can't do .70 or better, stay below FL350.

Who's with me?

Who's with me?

exactly, I'm just waiting for one of these next generation weekend warriors to try to come out of ASE or EGE and try to make it to somewhere on the east coast "because the sales guys said it had the range" and they end up a black smoking hole somewhere because they don't know the first thing about high altitude aerodynamics.

Who's with me?

exactly, I'm just waiting for one of these next generation weekend warriors to try to come out of ASE or EGE and try to make it to somewhere on the east coast "because the sales guys said it had the range" and they end up a black smoking hole somewhere because they don't know the first thing about high altitude aerodynamics.

I wasnt offered a "High altitude Aerodynamics" switch on my plane.......damm sales guy

wasnt offered a "High altitude Aerodynamics" switch on my plane

???? I didn't say anything about a switch or anything like that. I was referring to the mentality of these pilots who think flying these small jets will be a small step up from a bonanza or cirrus and do not study up on the book work (i.e. high performance aerdynamics, high altitude considerations, etc.)ahead of time.

When I hit 3000tt I sure as hell wont be looking for a job flying a toy.
How ironic as retiring airline pilots with 10x that number will be looking for a job flying a toy.

Latest resources

Back