Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has anyone interviewed at a legacy without a degree?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's possible, but extremely difficult. I know some people that went to Southwest without a degree. US Airways is probably your best bet for a legacy. Times change though. If a few years or months it might be a lot easier.

I have helped several folks without degrees successfully interview at CAL, and a whole bunch at JetBlue. It is HARDER to get the call, but with a nudge or push from a good sponsor its not impossible.

Most of the folks I have helped without a degree have gone on to do some pretty cool stuff...they weren't exactly "slackers". Life just threw them a curve and they took an alternate route. Once recent guy actually started a business, built a factory, then sold the business for several million dollars THEN chased his dreams of flying.

I finished a degree with California Coast University. Fully accredited and pretty easy. Got the call for 2 interviews within one month after I finished my degree.

Well worth the time (10 months) and expense. Plus, it's all tax deductible!

RV

Also, Albie's interview prep was a great help as well!

RV

I was hired at TWA back in 89 with only a 2 year degree. I finished a 4 year at a really cheesy online school, ended up at good old SWA.

Southwest interviewed me in July of 05 without the degree but with the type. No second call as of yet, I don't know if the degree was a factor or not.
The only legacy I have my stuff in with is CAL...nothing yet.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back