Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has anyone been to Panama (the country)?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnt1969

I have to do some surveying near the border of Panama and Costa Rica so I'm trying to find some airport information. There's a couple airports up there but I can't find anysolid info on if they have avgas, maintenance and a nice place to stay for about a month. Has anyone ever flown in to MPDA (David, Panama) or MPBO (Bocas del Toro)? Can you give me some info?

John

I have to do some surveying near the border of Panama and Costa Rica so I'm trying to find some airport information. There's a couple airports up there but I can't find anysolid info on if they have avgas, maintenance and a nice place to stay for about a month. Has anyone ever flown in to MPDA (David, Panama) or MPBO (Bocas del Toro)? Can you give me some info?

John

Never been there my friend, wish I can help ya out with approaches and terrain, but we'll be at Gelabert Marcos Int'l (MPMG). We'll be there from Sunday this coming week for 6-7 days. Yes, we'll be partying alot. PM me.

I've only flown into Tocumen MMPT, I know there is a grass strip just south of Jaco.
So in conclusion, I probably didn't help at all, LOL

Maybe; great circle mapper .com has some info

MPTO.... Good to Americans!
They have a seperate GA ramp where they will fuel and secure the aircraft.

Well I was there doing probably he same survey for Woolpert as a contractor in 07 out of Tocumen. Check landings.com and enter the planning section, it will give you freqs and lenghts. David might be VFR only if I recall. Boco I think has a few approaches. Nothing major flying out of there. When you do your flight plan, plan 2 hours ahead of time so it can get into the system when you want to be airborne. We had alot of issues of the flight plan not being in the system till over an hour after submitting. Other than that, enjoy the sun, Rum cola and nightlife.

Just got back on Friday night actually. We were only there one night though, we spent a little more time in San Salvador. No issues, I would go back...and hopefully spend a little more quality time..

Latest resources

Back