• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Happy holidays from Airtran Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't they fire employees for stealing stuff at the Home Depot and the Gap? Are you really defending people who steal? Or is it somehow someone else's fault that they are criminals?
What would you do if you caught the guy who mows your lawn with a six pack of your beer in his pickup?

I guess the point of this post was lost on you. Sorry. Ask your five old to explain it to you.

You want to search MY personal bag? Why don't you come out to my car and search that too, while your at it come on over to my house and search that. Come on people, tell them to go !@#$ themselves! Start pushing back. They can't win this one. Just walk away and go home. If you get a couple of days off, great. Grieve it and get a lawyer involved and you will prevail. They are working on your fear.

Now the irony is am working in the largest communist country in the world over here and the pilots and the f/a's strip the airplane every night after a flight. Booze, water, food, you name it, right in front of everybody, and nobody says a word, and, nobody goes through a bag.

Yes if it is your bag....I T I S Y O U R B A G!!!! No way can they search your private bag period. If Dick Cheney became president then perhaps, but for now he isn't.

The company can not search any personal bay, that they did not supply. TSA can search any bag !! Airtran can not search anything !!!

When is everyone going to push back? Alaska gets 400 pilots to picket..us 120...

I hope POP 's letter (everyone should have read it by now) gets people to realize whats going on. YOU are losing thousands of dollars a month compared to the rest of the pilots in the industry=mgt. getting their bonuses that is for sure this year.!

What if I take my half empty water bottle to the hotel with me? Does that count as stealing?

Yes, they have said that before!

The chief pilot actually has said that it is Ok for you to bring it plane to plane, but not to the hotel.

At least take a full bottle if your gonna get fired for stealing water.

Welcome to Airtran!

After you guys get your panties out of your crack you may want to do a little research on HR law. I'm lucky I got a sounding board that lives with me.

RV

you guys/gals ever going to get a contract?

Apparently, a bunch of F/A s were fired after the company went plane to plane conducting bag searches for galley items taken from the plane.
Those found to possess said items were fired on the spot.

Merry Christmas!

I doubt this story is true. I say BS! What's your M.O. for this flamebait?

What kind of items are we talking about here? The only time I've ever seen an FA fired for having "galley items" in their possession are when the items involved are alcohol, particularly minis. Its pretty hard to claim you bought minis at the store on the way to the airport.

Bottled water and soft drinks are hard to prove that its company property, and its hard to fire someone for taking something that the company allows them to consume on the aircraft.

Latest resources

Back