• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Happy holidays from Airtran Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What kind of items are we talking about here? The only time I've ever seen an FA fired for having "galley items" in their possession are when the items involved are alcohol, particularly minis. Its pretty hard to claim you bought minis at the store on the way to the airport.

Bottled water and soft drinks are hard to prove that its company property, and its hard to fire someone for taking something that the company allows them to consume on the aircraft.

I've flown with a couple of F.A.s over the years that would bring their own minis but ones that we didn't serve on the plane so they couldn't be accused of stealing.

I agree with Indy319. It's impossible for them to prove it was the company's water bottle you are taking to the hotel. If you fear your management accusing you, buy your own bottle of the same type of water they serve. Tape a receipt to it and use that all the time. If they accuse you of stealing, you have proof you bought that water bottle. Same thing with minis. If you bring your own to work, just carry the receipt to. I like the idea of bringing different brands of minis and/or water. Then there is no possible way they can accuse you since it was not available to you to alledgedly (sp?) steal. If you are honest, just take an extra step to make sure you cannot be wrongfully accused.

I hope POP 's letter (everyone should have read it by now) gets people to realize whats going on. YOU are losing thousands of dollars a month compared to the rest of the pilots in the industry=mgt. getting their bonuses that is for sure this year.!

POP's letter?? Whatcha talkin' 'bout??

Another empty nut-sack

If you are honest, just take an extra step to make sure you cannot be wrongfully accused.

WTF, over? Another empty nut-sack. Why not "go the extra mile" and just start packing your stuff in clear baggage, just to be sure no one thinks you're taking anything off the airplane. How about wearing some kneepads, too, just in case you get called into the CP's office?

Last edited:
What kind of items are we talking about here? The only time I've ever seen an FA fired for having "galley items" in their possession are when the items involved are alcohol, particularly minis. Its pretty hard to claim you bought minis at the store on the way to the airport.

Bottled water and soft drinks are hard to prove that its company property, and its hard to fire someone for taking something that the company allows them to consume on the aircraft.

I was told that canned soft drinks on planes are marked with dye on the bottom. It's kinda stupid, i know.

heard SWA just had 28 FAs fired or something for taking cash for drinks instead of c.c or coupons...and they would comp the drinks and keep the cash.

Latest resources

Back