Happy Birthday Marines!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
otis said:
Happy Birthday! Semper Fi and Semper Beer too!

Very appropriate, considering it all got started at Tunn Tavern in Philly!

I love working with Marines...with the exception of them wanting us to call 'wings level' all the time, they are always professionals, and their esprit de corps is second to none.

It's always fun to go down to Q-town and do a firepower demo for the Basic School guys in the Demo MOAs...

Happy birthday, Marines, you motivate me! OOH RAH!

Semper FI

Happy Birthday U.S. Marines. I hope the Tun Tavern is well prepard.

In Honor of this day my FO and I went to see the movie "JARHEAD" . I highly reccommend it.

To those who have gone before.

Over the years I have heard that the Marines of today are not as tough and seasoned as those that fought in the Pacific, Korea or Vietnam.

To those of you that may give credence to such a comment I challenge you to go to Jacksonville North Carolina or Camp Pendeleton and look at the WARRIORS that are 18-25 years old. I have had the honor of sitting next to a 1st Lt traveling back to KOAJ who had taken a 12.7mm round to the femur.... miracle that his leg was not blow off.... he shared his experience of his Marines fighting amongst each other as to who was going to crawl out amidst the hail of bullets during the ambush to drag him back to safety. (1st Lt returned to full duty).
First hand witness of young Jarhead at the airport with patch over eye, huge scar on cranium and limp as he walked... just to have tear wretched from my eye as his Marine pals surged to welcome him back. Personally hauled Marines that volunteered to go back to Iraq early so that their pals could come home early to be with their families for Christmas. The United States is blessed with a new generation of Marines that have once again set the standard for courage, committment and dedication to God, Corps and Country.

For 230 years the Marine Corps has served with courage and will continue to serve with pride and distinction. God bless these Marines, God bless the Marine Corps and God bless the USA on this most special of days. As a Mustang I will be buried with my Iwo Jima sand and a silver dollar in my hand.

Semper Fidelis to all Leathernecks

Latest resources

Back