• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hangout bars in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those stuck in training or on a layover in one of the hotels (i.e. no transportation) near Delta's facility, try B-52s. It's down the street beside the McDonalds next to Spondivits. It's in the back of an office building near The Doubletree Hotel. They have a large selection of beers at reasonable prices, good cheap burgers, and they have DJs, Karaoke, and Poker nights with no cover charge.

What about good cajun restaurants. I'm a New Orleans transfer, would kill for a good bowl of red beans and rice. I tried Poboys near Lenox, it was okay, but still haven't found anything like home.

Front Page News in Midtown(Crescent Ave) or in Little 5 Points(Morelanda Ave.), or Fontaine's in Va. Highlands(N. Highland Ave.)

I would agree with the BUFFS (B-52's) recomendation. A crew dog bar for sure. Beer by the bucket, lots of aviation stuff on the walls and good bar food.

P.s. That office building is the old ATL FSDO office for those who may have known where that was off of Virginia Ave.

TriStar_drvr said:
For those stuck in training or on a layover in one of the hotels (i.e. no transportation) near Delta's facility, try B-52s. It's down the street beside the McDonalds next to Spondivits. It's in the back of an office building near The Doubletree Hotel. They have a large selection of beers at reasonable prices, good cheap burgers, and they have DJs, Karaoke, and Poker nights with no cover charge.

Last edited:
Twisted Taco midtown area.

If you like MILF action try Johnny's Hideaway. Many girls that are 30 plus recently divorced that will throw that shzz on you.

ISaidRightTurns said:
Since there has been so much BBQ talk from Texas; what about good bars in ATL? I've been here about 18 months and have only been to a few standalone bars IN Atlanta. Hand in hand is cool. American Pie on the Northside. Any other goo recommendations?

If your pants/shorts hang around you're thighs, you might score in ATL.
Good luck otherwise. The worst city in the country for action.

Try Vinings.?

ISaidRightTurns said:
What about good cajun restaurants. I'm a New Orleans transfer, would kill for a good bowl of red beans and rice. I tried Poboys near Lenox, it was okay, but still haven't found anything like home.
Good choices listed above, but the best cajun in Atlanta is McKinnon's in Buckhead. Cool, low key location and great service. Might want to save it for a date though.

No offense 350, but we must have entirely different taste, or you haven't been to Buckhead in, say...12 years. That place sucks now. If you must go there, I'd recommend Pool Hall and 5 Paces, both on Irby Ave. Best talent in Atlanta, but surprisingly high-maintenance considering the dives these places are.

Vinings...Old Vinings Inn when they have a band. Very cool, tiny place with high talent.

Smyrna...Zucca. Grab some 'za and then grab a seat at the bar and wait for the crowd.

Midtown...Loca Luna, Twisted Taco, or if you want clubby with only mild pretentiousness, go with Halo at the Biltmore.

Downtown...Dailey's Downstairs.

East Atlanta...they're all good.

Stay away from Spondivit's at any cost. They are the biggest a'holes I've ever been served by. They are consistent though.

i dont want to break the record here, but all good recommendations by everyone above. spondivits... shady, can go either way. b-52s... same thing, not as bad tho. if you're stuck near the airport with no transportation... give it a shot. want a good place to eat near the airport? try malone's... maybe not the best price in town but everytime i've eaten there... Great food!

now if you're going to adventure away from the airport... dont forget you have MARTA to take you downtown, east, west, northeast and northwest. $1.75 to anywhere last time i was there.

i have a personal favorite and it was mostly because i bartended there. UNDERGROUND! those who havent been to ATL lately will slam me on this but im SERIOUS. with the many shootings in Buckhead lately, ATL officials are trying to move the shady crowd out of buckhead. This has moved them down to underground but many changes have been made from Buckhead. First off, the security is OFF THE HOOK. more cops there than at Krispy Kreme (main location of Ponce) Second, cheap beer and on the right day of the week... good lookin women. if you go to underground, check out Irish Bred (where i worked) or Koko's. both good choices.

the other nice thing about underground is the new open container law (only in underground) you can walk b/t bars without having to kill ur drink. dont like the scene at one, try another.

if you venture beyond underground i would highly recommend highlands (for chill time with great looking women that you wont have a chance with), 5 points (to get knob slobbed by tech/emory hoes), midtown (to dance the night away at ATL's best clubbing area) or smyrna (also laid back, pricy, but good time)

ive lived in ATL for over 3 years now, i know i'm NO veteran but ive seen many different parts of ATL and are more than happy to help out.

for those who had bad luck in ATL... ur prolly hung like a seahorse! ATL is the hotspot for good looking women and a great time!

I Definetly agree..................lived in ATL for 3 years finishing flight school at PDK, Friday's and Saturday nights there's always a happening spot somewhere along Peachtree...........For some good Adult Fun I recommend my favorite strip club Cheetah's...........The women are all blazing hot, in every flavor You may like ( Brunette, Blonde, Asian etc..) It's not to far from Georgia Tech.

Latest resources

Back