Hangout bars in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ISaidRightTurns

Since there has been so much BBQ talk from Texas; what about good bars in ATL? I've been here about 18 months and have only been to a few standalone bars IN Atlanta. Hand in hand is cool. American Pie on the Northside. Any other goo recommendations?

Gold Club and tell them you play basketball :)

Tons of great places for 20-30 somethings on northside but very pricey.
5 points is a good place to go if your looking to get your peter-polished by a girl that writes poetry and has her tongue pierced.

Atkins Park which is only a block away from Hand in Hand is a good place to hang out. Virginia Highlands has numerous bars. Also Buckhead is a great place to hang out

I don't have any "goo" recommendations but the Rock Bottom Brewery in Buckhead is outstanding, and the talent in there will knock your socks off!

FJ

It's been a while since I lived there. But there is a cool Irish pub across from ESPN zone in Buckhead (can't remember the name). Also, there is a piano bar in Buckhead (also can't remember). It's laid back and a good laugh (good place to take a date). Skybar is in Buckhead and is great in the summer. It's on top of a 4 story building that overlooks midtown and it's completely open. But it's a little wild. You could visit a different bar/club there every night for 2 years and still have not seen them all. Not that I tried that.

PS. Always make it to the July 4th fireworks in Buckhead. It's a blast (no pun intended).

Have fun!

Spondivits is a good place to grab a beer if you're on a layover. It's right next to the airport and most hotel shuttles will drop you off & pick you up there.

I've got to second the motion on Hand-in-Hand up in the VA Highlands. Obscene talent there. Meehans & Padriacs up in Vinings are good places to meet the ladies as well. Midtown is usually a good bet as well.

Anybody remember the name of that sports bar in Marietta off 285 that got robbed a few years ago? That was a cool place to grab a burger.

Gear guy is referring to Fado's in Buckhead for the Irish place. Good place. Not sure about the piano bar in Buckhead.

Also, they always have (nearly) free concerts in the Centennial park Friday nights during the summer. Obviously hit and miss whether you're going to like the acts that night but it's usually a pretty good (& cheap) night out.

Latest resources

Back