• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hangar Ettiquet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A DeWalt 18v cordless drill and a 2" Auger will make a modification to the rotor blade that will prevent it from blowing dirt into your hangar. Just don't forget to flag it with a big red bandana and a "Thank You" card from all his loving neighbors...

I just spent an hour with the airport manager who assures me something will be done. He feels the dollys are a solution, and there is a paved pad close by where these guys can operate without obstructing the taxiways. He also says in his opinion, rotary guys are overconfident and an accident waiting to happen. Now I'll wait a little and see what happens.

I too am not adverse to mild violence, but can't have any witnesses.

Anyone know of a balled-up helicopter wreck located in the mid-atlantic region? I will plop it on the automobile side of the hanger where this guys customers are parking their cars on my side. In the meantime, some of their tires' Schrader Valves could possibly turn up missing.

Good stuff, thank you all for the suggestions.

Moonfly201 said:
I just spent an hour with the airport manager who assures me something will be done. He feels the dollys are a solution, and there is a paved pad close by where these guys can operate without obstructing the taxiways. He also says in his opinion, rotary guys are overconfident and an accident waiting to happen. Now I'll wait a little and see what happens.

Anyone know of a balled-up helicopter wreck located in the mid-atlantic region? I will plop it on the automobile side of the hanger where this guys customers are parking their cars on my side. In the meantime, some of their tires' Schrader Valves could possibly turn up missing.

I feel your anger and agree with your frustration, but I am not so sure I would be having this discussion in a public forum. This jerk goes out and kills himself or some passenger and you find yourself under suspicion for dinking with his helicopter. BTW, I think this might be a federal offense these days. I am suprised that Avbug, the voice of experience would join in this approach to justice.

Don't count me among those manking such suggestions. I believe I specifically stated that such things would be unfortunate and potentially tragic, and that it's very fortunate you're too nice a person to do such things. I certainly never advocated them.

Now that you've posted admissions publically as to your intent, including violence and sabotage, if you're smart you'll safely back as far away from those areas as you can. You just sealed your own conviction.

BTW, I think this might be a federal offense these days.

You are oh-so-correct, sir!

I am suprised that Avbug, the voice of experience would join in this approach to justice.

I make no such advocacy, and have stated as much more than once, now. One may read into those comments whatever one might, yet one might well be mistaken in one's perception thereof.

I said nothing about justice.

I spoke to results. Justice is generally a judgement away from a checkbook, and has little to do with results.

I believe I stated that such things would be indeed unfortunate. I stated that a personal chat is my favored method, but that any of the previously named conditions, to include natural flaws on the ramp surface, would be most unfortunate. I also noted that based on the respondants initial post, he is clearly too nice a person to do anything but pour lemonade for visiting officials.

I also cited events which based on actual results and experience, have resulted in a desired effect. I am an advocate of peace and civility, and settling things with a handshake.

In the daylight.

I also recognize that civility has it's limits, negotiation has it's bounds, and being a gentleman is good and well so long as results are not paramount and one is content to be a martyr at the feet of the alter to Miss Manners.

Most importantly I recognize the one universal truth: there is no such thing as a fair fight.

avbug said:
Now that you've posted admissions publically as to your intent, including violence and sabotage, if you're smart you'll safely back as far away from those areas as you can. You just sealed your own conviction.
No intent anywhere in this thread. Just speculation and fond memories of "frontier justice" ... days when lawyers were not needed to equalize injustice.

No intent anywhere in this thread.

In the meantime, some of their tires' Schrader Valves could possibly turn up missing.

I think you should probably leave it in the hands of the airport manager, and let it go at that.

fond memories of "frontier justice" ... days when lawyers were not needed to equalize injustice.

You remember that?

Last edited:
I think New York quit being a frontier sometime in the early 1700's...

Then again, perhaps rather than the airport manager you might prefer going to the Gotti's or some other latest-greatest east coast powerhouse of all-things illegal. I don't know that I'd consider illegal criminal acts as "justice," and I can't recall a time or place in recent history that ever justified "frontier justice." Then again, I can't recall a time or place in recent history when a frontier existed in the US. I think you're stretching. A lot.

Let the airport manager work out the details. If you do otherwise, you're going to get yourself in a lot of trouble, quite possibly get yourself or someone else hurt, and you're only going to make things worse.

Most important of all, lose that notion of "justice" right now. Justice heralds some mentality of "putting things right" or making things "even," and that's a dangerous path to follow. It's subjective, it is deeply weighted toward your own wants and viewpoints, and offers you no recourse or protection except to always take it to the next level...invariably a place that you don't want to go and if you're smart, are not willing to accept.

Latest resources

Back