• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hangar Ettiquet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know about you, but I never try to get even. It's such an archaic concept. You can't get even. Instead, in my advancing years, I have settled for ahead. Because, behind is behind, and no one cares who was second. I prefer to win. There is no such thing as Frontier Justice,

Since you have already talked to the airport manager, you kind of have to let it sit there and stew. Be patient. Remeber, few things are more dangerous than a patient man.

If nothing happens for a while, you then have every reason to escalate your response.

Last edited:
How does he get his machines into the hanger once he's in front of it? He has to use a dolly at some point, unless he's a Man and flies the helicopter into the hanger! It wouldn't take too much longer to dolly it from the edge of the row.

Or, what about having the landlord force him to move to one of the t-hangars on the end closest to the taxiway? Then he can hover taxi to his heart's content and no one will care.

I like the garden hose idea, though. A two-foot deep layer of dry leaves, or a few inches of volcanic ash spread in front of your hanger would be entertaining and effective, too!

Get out your FAR/AIM do some research,find a reg they bust, call the Feds and sit back and watch their noncompliant attitudes get sent through the ringer by the men in black suits....bound to open up a can of worms

Moonfly201 said:
.........Anyone know of a balled-up helicopter wreck located in the mid-atlantic region? I will plop it on the automobile side of the hanger where this guys customers are parking their cars on my side......

LMAO. Now that is what I would call creative thinking. The looks on the faces of both the owners and the customers would be priceless!

Last edited:
If it were me, in addition to some good ideas above, I would be doing my engine runup right in front of their hanger. Nice long high power runup. Better double check those mags...
It would be a shame if some debris flew into their hanger.

Next time he wants to hover by and not wait for you to close the door. Point your .50cal at him. I'm sure he'll move.

DX Rick said:
Next time he wants to hover by and not wait for you to close the door. Point your .50cal at him. I'm sure he'll move.

Wow, how come nobody thought about that before...

Pedro said:
Wow, how come nobody thought about that before...

cuz fn fal's asleep at the wheel! ;)

i'm with avbug on the unfortunate things that happen on occasion. also if you happen to do that engine runup or otherwise blow into his hangar...dont forget to tell him its free of charge, or you appreciated him cleaning out your hangar and you just wanted to return the favor.

:)

EagleRJ said:
I like the garden hose idea, though. A two-foot deep layer of dry leaves, or a few inches of volcanic ash spread in front of your hanger would be entertaining and effective, too!
An even better idea is a sheet of visqueen or even a blue tarp. picks up itne rotor wash *much* better than a hose, and will absolutely destroy a rotor system once it wraps around the mast

Latest resources

Back