Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAL converts A350-8 orders to A330neo...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hawaiian's CEO is British and has previously stated his desire to potentially serve Europe. Current demand would probably suffice for 2-3 times weekly service, but potential yields are questionable. Hawaiian has been very successful in stimulating demand in new markets and making money while exapanding, so clearly they are doing something right.

Don't you remember Higgins from Magnum PI? He was British and he lived on the huge Robin Masters Estate on Oahu. That is proof that the Limeys would flock to Hawaii if direct service existed. I say go for it!!!! :)

Personally I hope we stay away from Europe (having been born and raised there, I am familiar with the distance)...
Those Euros who feel like they want to vacay in HI already do, but virtually nobody would go this distance JUST for a tropical getaway. If that's what you are after, there are plenty of other cheaper and easier options from Europe. Those who come here think "USA trip", which equates to multiple stops: NYC, LA or SFO, and HI.... in this idea of a vacation, non-stop service to HI is pretty much useless. but what do I know...

As far as our faith in market planning departments: they are definitely doing something right (though-not to burst the bubble- every US carrier is posting profits that are in line with ours, as a percentage of revenue, if not better) but they have also made some pretty hefty oopsies too: FUK, TPE... and how is AKL shaking out (I am asking- don't know)...

What is the most popular tropical spot for euros?

What is the most popular tropical spot for euros?

Saw a BA 767 in NAU yesterday. I'm guessing it was headed for LHR.

Is SWA serving NAU now or is it still AirTran?

Last edited:
Bahamas Aruba Jamaica just began
The rest on scheduled dates over the next few months as the transition finalizes

I know Italians love to go to Cuba, and the caribbean in general. Southern Africa (mauritius, madagascar etc) are 'easy' because virtually no time change. Maldives are also very popular for divers...

If the new 330s can reach FRA, there is a huge market from that part of Europe on to NZ and Australia. A two hop flight through Hawaii (with a few days or weeks on the ground) sounds a lot better than going through Dubai or LA.

Latest resources

Back