• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Had enough yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes. This has been the standard at FO ever since I can remember. I have had to clean the plane and duty off a bit later. They have just said ok. Again another example of how things that were never going to change at Flex have changed!!! ;)

30 min shutdowns suck. Who approved of such an

- - - Updated - - -

Assinined idea

Who "approved" it? Seriously?

Do you honestly think for one red hot minute this was on any level a Union idea or Union proposal? Do you honestly think, with a straight face and sober mind, the Union is just going to arbitrarily come up with or agree to contract issues that screw pilots?

No one "approved" it. Mangement asked for it and the arbritrator granted it. As with every other ****ty part of the contract.

There's a group of belly-achers of a certain fleet (legacy) claiming they are going to start a class action lawsuit against the union for everything they lost in the MCBA. I sincerely hope they do. Hell, I might even donate to it. Pm me and I'll consider it. It's worth a few bucks to have a ****ing judge explain to them just exactly how this all works. I can't wait to see the look on their faces when he throws them out of court for suing the wrong party and being too stupid to know it.

I sincerely hope you're just blowing off some undirected steam and not part of the Benedict Arnold brigade.

Again if that is what people are saying they have no clue. FO management has had this as their standard since way before the union. In fact almost all of what is in the CBA was from BEFORE. Exactly what management had set as the standard. In fact you had to be ready for duty at 3 am on day one and you didn't get ot unless you arrived back at your domicile AFTER 3am!!! That little gem was pre CBA.

30 min shutdowns suck. Who approved of such an

- - - Updated - - -

Assinined idea

Just ask for more time, that 30 minutes assumes no calls to MX or extra cleaning or if you are waiting for a hotel van. Just call in and say what time you left the FBO and the duty off time will be adjusted. If it is a min rest night your duty on time will also be adjusted. Never had a problem in over 18 years of getting extra post flight time added to my duty day.

We used to have a hour also many years ago. But as with everything KR slowly chips away your quality of life. However everyone is correct. Call and tell them u can’t do it and never had a argument about it YET!!!!!

It has taken me a long time to learn that no matter how much factual info you throw the non Union types about why we need this Union they just cannot see it. Used to have an instructor in the schoolhouse, call him Nixon, that was furloughed TWA. He was vehemently anti Union. But when the recal to AA came he jumped on it . I said , wow Nixon, the only reason you can do that is because of the Union. Answer: well it's different!

It has taken me a long time to learn that no matter how much factual info you throw the non Union types about why we need this Union they just cannot see it. Used to have an instructor in the schoolhouse, call him Nixon, that was furloughed TWA. He was vehemently anti Union. But when the recal to AA came he jumped on it . I said , wow Nixon, the only reason you can do that is because of the Union. Answer: well it's different!

Now that is some funny stuff right there....”different” hahahaha!

What was his name on here? He used to post a lot of BS...until he took that recall. Then he just shut right up, because his hypocrisy caught up with him. It was TWA something? What an a-hole!

What was his name on here? He used to post a lot of BS...until he took that recall. Then he just shut right up, because his hypocrisy caught up with him. It was TWA something? What an a-hole!

You r correct ! But the worst was having him for a check ride and having to be subjected to his anti Union BS. Had lots of "discussions" with him but usually backed off at some point due to his position. Came real close to telling him to F off. Of course I would have been ejected from the " family" .
Funny how the "family" lovers forget how the company ruled over us like we are servants for the non Union years. Three am call outs !! Training intimidation, sick call reminders, didn't answer ur phone in rest reminders, and God forbid if you called fatigued. No one did it.
I recently had a long time Flex guy ask me if he had to go over 14 because he thought he couldn't refuse. That's the Flex mindset.

I have long been an advocate of our training protocol BUT NOT our training department.

Our company is simply too small to expect an in-house training department to be a good idea. The company could be sued out the wazoo if some of these antics got out. All I have to say is research the phone and wifi records of instructor's phones during training events (especially checkrides) and you'd be looking at a bankrupt DAC. Would you trust an instructor who's getting titty shots from his mistress during a checkride, forgets to adjust conditions, pilot fails? Happened. I have dozens more just as egregious examples. Management has long been aware too so don't expect much to be done about it.

Too often it is stacked with biased company yes men. I'm not saying this from personal experience but rather observational experience. I have always been smart enough to kiss ass and stay friendly. Friendly enough I can say I've heard first hand just exactly how bad it can be for a pro-union or unpopular pilot. The instructors at the schoolhouse are really no better than 6th grade girls when it comes to interpersonal conduct. Supposedly many of them are pro-union, and I used to believe that myself. But then you look at the past 3 years and follow the breadcrumbs and you'll see they were nothing more than double agents reporting back pilot positions to the company.

Look at the ones who got booted out years ago They're not willing to play the game. DAC has made that pre-condition of being the lenient or strong arm of management even worse. Look at the ones who stay/did stay forever or keep cycling back throughout the DAC term. Those are the ones you got to really watch out for... I wouldn't trust an instructor who's been a part of that place for the past 2 years with a wooden nickel, let alone my career. You gotta play the game or you'll be the next one cut down a notch during a TRB.

That's just one of the reasons for the Flexjet mindset JetMaster. It's years of self-preservation steeped into our bones.

Latest resources

Back