• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Haas Racing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd rather put up with that stuff than go to ASE over the holidays.. What CAVOK's failing to understand is that many corporate operators (myself included) are going everywhere under the sun along with the races thrown in for good measure. I've flown for 2 companies with sponsorships. Where do you think they want to go on race weekend ? That's right, to the race to get to their box suites for $20 million dollar beer and fried chicken. So us other mere mortals are dealing with the same BS only we get to everywhere else as well.

Arrival slots, who the hell cares ??? What do you think happens at ASE, EGE, etc... during ski season. You got it, slots. You get 'em and you go.

As far as being cheap I was shocked when I read the MTV accident report in that Hendricks is probably the best financed team in the sport and they're running around with non-IFR GPS's with expired databases. WTF ? Makes you wonder about the rest of 'em. Then again, you have that same team just recently buying one of Bank of America's older GV's so maybe they've finally gotten the picture, lets hope so.

Last edited:
H25B,
Did Hendrick buy Banks GV? I know they sold their Falcon to another company on the field but did not here about the V. I take it you are from CLT.

H25B,
Did Hendrick buy Banks GV? I know they sold their Falcon to another company on the field but did not here about the V. I take it you are from CLT.

Yes, I saw them down at FXE some weeks ago and thought it was Bank of America. I said hi to the crew thinking it was B of A but indeed it was Hendricks Motorsports. They said they had just bought it and hadn't changed the tail number yet because it was still a "BA" tail number..

Hopefully, they'll change the N# and paint (unlike Brutton). N. Gypsum bought their falcon. Bank must be going to all G550s. Must be nice....I think all the ATM fees go right to the flight department!

Hopefully, they'll change the N# and paint (unlike Brutton). N. Gypsum bought their falcon. Bank must be going to all G550s. Must be nice....I think all the ATM fees go right to the flight department!

I saw Gypsum's Hawker in the Controller the other day for sale and we were wondering what they were getting. Yes, BA is getting all G550's and letting their "classic 5's" go...

Just curious, not knowing where all the races are by heart, where the challenging airports are... Off the top of my head.

1. TMB - Homestead
2. MTV - Martinsville
3. DAY - Daytona
4. TRI - Bristol
5. GYR - Phoenix
6. AFW - Dallas Motor Speedway
7. IND - Indy
8. ASN - Talledega
9. RIC - Richmond
10. LAS - Las Vegas Motor Speedway

None of these are short fields or that big a deal. I know I'm missing some but where are the nastier ones?

I'm not failing to realize anything. I know what other corporate jobs are like, and yes the high traffic due to races does add to the challenge to these airports, but not all operators go in to the airports you listed. The airports you listed are fine for the team planes, but most of the drivers (operating smaller jets) will go into smaller fields... Instead of DOV, 33N. Instead of DAB 7fl6.

But as far as what you listed, you pretty much just listed the biggest airports we fly in to.. Doesnt get much easier than places like GYR and MTV

I'm not failing to realize anything. I know what other corporate jobs are like, and yes the high traffic due to races does add to the challenge to these airports, but not all operators go in to the airports you listed. The airports you listed are fine for the team planes, but most of the drivers (operating smaller jets) will go into smaller fields... Instead of DOV, 33N. Instead of DAB 7fl6.

But as far as what you listed, you pretty much just listed the biggest airports we fly in to.. Doesnt get much easier than places like GYR and MTV

I'm not trying to bruise your ego, but they're a lot of corporate ops. that got it way worse than you do (unless you're speaking of sharing a hotel room when you get there).

I got that list from Dale Jr.'s flightaware record. by the way...

Last edited:
I'm not trying to bruise your ego, but they're a lot of corporate ops. that got it way worse than you do (unless you're speaking of sharing a hotel room when you get there).

I got that list from Dale Jr.'s flightaware record. by the way...

Im not bruised. All I was trying to tell you was that YES I agree that some go way beyond what I do. But having done all types of flying... my personal situation does go beyond the average corporate job... SinglePilot, short fields, manage the plane, and yes sharing rooms...

Not like it matters... I'm sure many pilots on this board have much more difficult jobs than both of us. My only point was that some nascar jobs are a challenge

I would be out of the business if I had to share a room. Sorry, but my life is based on a set of values and this is nothing more than than nickle and dime economics. These people spend more money on their pet than what it costs for an additional hotel room per year. That's unacceptable and to those of you who do it............enjoy all the perks that go with it. And you wonder why this profession is going down the shtrrrr? Amazing.....

i'm chiming in with in:

flew some busch guys in the nineties.
had to demand payment for past trips before i'd leave. he had an amex so it was easy to reason with him. always chasing money. yet he had to buy a huge 150,000 luxury bus. i think they call it "cracker" rich.

recently, we flew the pit crews on our boeing the last couple of years. these guys are married to the same redneck woman who tried to stampede one another at the mall shown on national TV friday morning.

they would leave dirty diapers on the airplane. they were unruly, generally loud, obnoxiuos. the aiplane was always trashed.

cracker rich is when you think you're saving money on a hotel room, but will stroke a check for 25,000 when your jet has to come out of maintenance.
i would tell Kenseth to blow it out his redneck, left turning AR$E.

Latest resources

Back