• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HA vs. AS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great to hear for Mimi!!! Flew w her husband at AK before he retired and she met us in Sfo to hang right after aloha folded. Talk about someone with great stories and as tough as they come! She was the first woman hired into a 121 jet that didnt start as an FE. Alot of us could learn about how tough this industry can be from her!!!

Mookie

I've flown with her, she's a real credit to the profession and a great person.

Thanks for the update Dan!! I have phase 1 interview today, keeping my fingers crossed. I cannot imagine a better airline to work for!!

Good luck! It is a great place to work, most are very happy here. Given the nature of our schedule, all our trips are the equivalent of very senior trips elsewhere. Inter-Island you are home every night and all the trans-pac (transocean?) flying is one leg out and one leg home, and that home happens to be Hawaii.

Change of subject for ignousy.......
The preliminary bid is out and shows 39 a330 f/o slots for new hires, 36 going to the 767 and 22 going to the 717.
Nine 717 Capts are around the 4 yr mark and one 767 Capt was hired about 4 years ago. That would be Mimi Thompkins, ex AQ who was flying the AQ 737 that blew it's top back in the 90's.

Another smaller bid is supposed to come out later this year that will reflect the addition of one more a330 being added beyond the 5 that this bid is meant to cover.

They are looking for more A330's beyond the 16 coming over the next three years. They have slowed the rate they were scheduled to retire the 767's.

Beyond all the above, it's anybody's guess what the future holds. Every new city we add does well so far, we appear to have a strong management team and Dunkerley knows what he is doing. They continue to increase their cash every qtr all the while they are not afraid to invest in the airlines future and infrastructure. A lot of cash is used for making purchases that will pay of down the road.

Using my Phase II math that looks like 97 newhires:D Are those that started class recently included or do you think that the 97 is still those YET to be hired?

Another thanks for the info..

For anyone that interviewed this month, have any Phase III calls went out (for recent interviews) that you all know of??

Everytime my IPhone makes that e-mail noise I seem to find myself sprinting through the house!!!!

Last edited:
I'm guessing some of them have been hired, but not that many. I would think they will hire at whatever rate the training department can handle. I'm sure it will take months to hire them all, when they finish that, it's sounding like there will be another round to follow.

I think 8-10 a class was what they said normally goes through. If I remember, classes through March. Meaning by March they should get mostly through the initial 90+...

It's a "preliminary bid"...what does that mean? How big a change is possible when the post the "actual" results. Is this based on peoples choices AFTER the bid closed or at some point prior to the bid actually closing.

Great job for Mimi...was KR...woman hired '08 one of the 717 CA's?

It just has to be finalized by the union and the company, they always get put out this way and then the final will be the same unless some odd mistake was made.
Didn't see a KR there.

If its who I'm thinking of, she is a senior fo on the 330 and is still equipment locked. She is very close to 330 captain.

KR is hanging on as a very senior 330 F/O. The seat lock expires before this bid's activation, so it isn't an issue.

HAL

KR is hanging on as a very senior 330 F/O. The seat lock expires before this bid's activation, so it isn't an issue.

HAL

Sweet...good for her. It's a nice dilema to have...senior FO or junior CA...hmm..not sure what I would pick.

Latest resources

Back