• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HA pilots reach TA with management

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know what the point is anymore. Congress is about to increase all of our health care care costs. The net pay raise will be less than zero.

Then there's inflation.
No...our max insurance costs are fixed by the contract as is our max out of pocket for any single illness.

Tha being said, I'm keeping an open mind but I will vote no if there are any work rule changes affecting QOL. To me, that is a bigger issue than money.

Have you looked at their current pay rates lately? A 20% raise would put them right in line with the new pattern that has been established by Alaska and JetBlue. The new pattern is right around $180/hr for SNB rates, and WB rates in the $210/hr range by end of contract. You can reasonably demand an extra few percent in the name of pattern bargaining (jacking up the house one corner at a time), but you can't expect the NMB to allow a demand for 36% raises when 20% would put you in range of the established bargaining pattern.

It's quite a change to hear those same pilot groups who were busy "chipping at the foundations" of mainline pay back 10 years ago talk about jacking up the house now.....Good luck to all until another "LCC" comes in and becomes the management model to emulate.

No...our max insurance costs are fixed by the contract as is our max out of pocket for any single illness.

You really believe that we will be immune to the taxes and increased premiums needed to pay for this new entitlement? Wow, that's scary.

I don't know what the point is anymore. Congress is about to increase all of our health care care costs. The net pay raise will be less than zero.

Then there's inflation.

yeah it's such a shame that Congress is about to increase our health care costs since the insurance companies weren't planning on increasing costs at all...

You really believe that we will be immune to the taxes and increased premiums needed to pay for this new entitlement? Wow, that's scary.
Ok, I get it now. I thought you were talking increased cost for Hawaiian's pilot medical plan. That is fixed by the contract. I didn't read your post close enough and just assumed we were talking about the TA.

Obama's nightmare, that's another story. Yeah, that is going to cost us big.

yeah it's such a shame that Congress is about to increase our health care costs since the insurance companies weren't planning on increasing costs at all...

I have a great Blue Cross plan from Hawaiian that I even kept through 4 years of furlough (and one back surgery). I'm totally satisfied.

Every government program and health care system bites. I've experienced the VA and the US Navy's, which are not up to par with civilian care IMO.

All this BS legislation is doing is increasing insurance costs for us all in order to subsidize those who can't/won't afford it on their own.... you can support that, but don't claim that you expect any pay raise to stay in your pocket if your are a $100K+ earner (like most of the HA pilot group is).

And stand by for taxes on your insurance plans unless you're part of a select few unions (no ALPA is not one, Longshoremen are though).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back