H/R e-mail for USA3000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWA tech

Hello, I am trying to get on at USA3000 in St.Louis as a aircraft mechanic how long before they call you? Also any one have the h/r fax number or e-mail any help would be great thanks pm if you would like to

Last edited:
USA3000 is shrinking. Going from 11 A/C today to 4 in august. The best kept secret in our industry becoming a ghost because the owners choose to hire a J.O. type who thinks the solution to everything is labor cost. It was soooo nice while it lasted, but im heading to the unemployment line for the second time in 1 year so you have to please excuse me. Peace love and frisbees to all........
Take care.
Joe.

Ouch...that's too bad. I feel your pain...was laid off after 12 years at Midwest in December. Straight from the left seat to the street. A lot of great people put out to pasture these days. I hope it gets better at some point.

USA3000 is shrinking. Going from 11 A/C today to 4 in august. The best kept secret in our industry becoming a ghost because the owners choose to hire a J.O. type who thinks the solution to everything is labor cost. It was soooo nice while it lasted, but im heading to the unemployment line for the second time in 1 year so you have to please excuse me. Peace love and frisbees to all........
Take care.
Joe.

Don't think it is so much of trying to kill labor costs -although the flight attendants are the highest paid in the industry when you compare total actual compensation. I think ultimately the family has realized the reality of running an airline is far different than the romantic dream of running an airline. I think what you are seeing is a systematic downsizing of the airline for eventual shut down while trying to keep those who are needed as long as possible (ie keep them from jumping ship too early). Apple is shifting a lot of flying to LCC airlines such as AirTran, Frontier and Allegiant and I think they are finding that a lot cheaper than giving it too their own in-house airline.

Sad because it is such a great little company to fly for. But unlike a publically held company, all the money that gets lost, or must be risked to run the airline, is the personal money of the family, and not that of other investors, so the realities are different for us.

"Apple is shifting a lot of flying to LCC airlines such as AirTran, Frontier and Allegiant and I think they are finding that a lot cheaper than giving it too their own in-house airline"

Exactly. Why bother with the in house airline anymore. They don't offer anything different than the other guys anymore. It used to be at the beginning the hot meals, Mimosa's, unique destinations, that sort of thing. Now it's a box of dried !@#$ they have to pay for, no more Mimosa's, and the destinations are not unique. Punta Cana and Cancun are crowded with traffic from all over, and, it's this traffic that is knocking on the door of Apple to beg for it's business.

Using AirTran and those others is cheaper right now, but wont be when the economy bounces back. AirTran is doing the BOS-PUJ at a loss. This is one of those cyclic things that made Apple create an Airline to begin with. Everytime they go with someone else the price jumps. Just like Continental on the EWR-PUJ after we closed that domicile. The reasons for U3K to excist are still valid. And we HAD a fiercly loyal customer base on several FL routes. Pax would come up and tell us to not stop flying there. Saying they would pay more. But still they killed those routes. Soo now we just wait and see.....

The reasons for U3K to excist are still valid.

Soo now we just wait and see.....

Totally agree with you there, and I will second the other poster's opinion that this place is/was one of the "best kept secrets" in the airline world.

This will be furlough # 3 for me, which is a shame since quality of life here cannot be beat if you live in base as I do!!!

I worry that with only 4 airplanes scheduled for fall, the "family" pulling the strings may just rush to make decisions and say "what's the point"?

Good luck to us all....

Using AirTran and those others is cheaper right now, but wont be when the economy bounces back. AirTran is doing the BOS-PUJ at a loss. This is one of those cyclic things that made Apple create an Airline to begin with. Everytime they go with someone else the price jumps. Just like Continental on the EWR-PUJ after we closed that domicile. The reasons for U3K to excist are still valid. And we HAD a fiercly loyal customer base on several FL routes. Pax would come up and tell us to not stop flying there. Saying they would pay more. But still they killed those routes. Soo now we just wait and see.....
Where did you hear Airtran is doing those flights at a loss? Everything we have heard is that charters are very profitable. We don't have to worry about filling the airplane up. That is Apple's job.

As for getting airplanes from point A to B, Airtran does a great, reliable job of that with our brand new 737s. If one breaks, Airtran has an easier time of rotating their 136 aircraft around to cover the schedule than a little airline like USA3000.

As for some of the FL routes that USA3000 flies like PIT-RSW, Airtran is finding those routes to be very profitable as we have gone from just 5 flights a day from to PIT-ATL to 12 flights a day from PIT including 5 to ATL, 2 to MCO, 2 to RSW, 2 to FLL, and 1 to TPA. The larger operation lets us spread the costs over more flights/seats than USA3000 single roundtrip to RSW.

Latest resources

Back