• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Guppy killer sticker?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yet SKYW 50 seat rates are still higher than Republic 70 seat rates and they're ALPO right?

I believe they are IBT.....

And I think you had a typo. It's ALPA. Airline Pilots Association.

Or you are purposely disrespecting the organization many on here belong to. Just because you don't want to be a part doesn't mean you need to disrespect it.

The override only applies to block time. Any soft time from vacation, cancellations, training, etc... only gets paid at the base 50-seat rate. A guy at ASA on the 70-seater gets paid all of his credit time at the 70-hour rate instead of just the block time. It adds up to quite a bit of difference.

How much did your job cost at Gulfstream? Wouldn't you have to work there like a year before you even broke even on the deal?

No because we get paid about the same to fly the 70 as everyone else. Yes it's an override, but in the end it equates to the same thing.

Republic - SkyWest 70 seat FO pay:
1- $23 $22
2- $31 $37
3- $36 $39
4- $37 $40
5- $37 $41
6- $37 $43
7- $37 $44

Numbers are from APC. So it looks like except for year 1, OO FO's take home more than RAH FO's.

The only person, except you, who is immpressed by those number is a bankruptcy judge. You are pathetic, the pay rates we got back in '01 were way better than that crap.
I believe your contracts was one of the ones shown to the judge to show just how "over paid" we were.
Thanks retard for being so proud of your whorish ways.

No because we get paid about the same to fly the 70 as everyone else. Yes it's an override, but in the end it equates to the same thing.

Republic - SkyWest 70 seat FO pay:
1- $23 $22
2- $31 $37
3- $36 $39
4- $37 $40
5- $37 $41
6- $37 $43
7- $37 $44

Numbers are from APC. So it looks like except for year 1, OO FO's take home more than RAH FO's.

You need a serious education on overrides. "In the end it pays the same thing!" Give me a break. Do you know the difference between overrides and hourly rates? By the way, those 70 seat pay rates are atrocious. Both are below the 50 seat rates at several of the regionals and I'm not talking freakin' overrides. Straight pay. Take a minute to educate yourself on contracts and airline pay verbiage. You sound a little naive.

Yet SKYW 50 seat rates are still higher than Republic 70 seat rates and they're ALPO right?

ALPO? Really clever there, sport. :rolleyes: In any case, NO, RAH is not ALPA. They are Teamsters.

It seems to me that UAL pilots, FA's, gate agents, and CS agents are doing enough to kill the Guppy's themselves. I've lost count of the number of people who have been treated badly by UAL employees and have sworn to never fly on them again.

If that hostile UAL pilot wants to try to blame others for their problems I can only hope that he will direct his anger at someone who is capable of standing up for themselves.

Cmrflyer & musicman,

Thanks for the kind words. Especially you cmrflyer. I always appreciate personal insults about things I had no control over.

I never said I was impressed by the numbers...I was trying to prove the point that the pay (however crappy) is more for the 700 than for the 200. Is it the best in the world? No. My only point was that the compensation is higher for flying a 700.

Uh are you sure you didn't confuse this one with Republic. They are the ones with the sticker because of the 170. I've heard pilots there tell me that it is a "mainline" aircraft.

nope BS on it being called that- you heard wrong- the sunglasses permanently affixed to your head mighta started messing with your "hearing".

i think the sticker existed in some form one single time. have never seen it.

Latest resources

Back