• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream, whats the real story

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A flight school at the airport I work at got a contract with Gulfstream. It sounds like they may be starting up a 0TT -> 121 FO program. Gotta get that 20th paying seat somehow :)

Last edited:
A flight school at the airport I work at got a contract with Gulfstream. It sounds like they may be starting up a 0TT -> 121 FO program. Gotta get that 20th paying seat somehow :)

We had our own 141 school for almost 10 years. Where have you been?

DONT DO IT!!

GULFSTREAM=TOOLBAGS!
GULFSTREAM=DEBT FOR LIFE!
GULFSTREAM= SAYIN YOU TAUGHT WHEN YOU NEVER DID!

We could go on my 20 pages plus!

I hate Gulfstream Pilots!!!!!!! I hate what you do to our industry!!!!!!

ps.. flame away your paying for it

It is this attitude that is ruining our industry. Shame on you both.

Gulf

What happened to the orginal Gulfstream flight school??? Hmmm was there a mid air over deerfield beach??? 10 years you had your 121 school?? What school is that PFT?

What happened to the orginal Gulfstream flight school??? Hmmm was there a mid air over deerfield beach??? 10 years you had your 121 school?? What school is that PFT?

What are you trying to say? Please clarify.

Last edited:
A friend of mine who was a mil helo guy did it. Work out well.

My friend had a fresh set or army pilot wings (helicopter) and a civilian comm/ME/Instrument. 250-350 hours TT He spent the cash, did the program, and jumped right out and went to a United Express Carrier.

He had been United Intern at Southern Illionois University and had planned for a quick upgrade to the majors. It worked. He did well and worked out of his hometown. He was furloughed but probably now back to work.

If you have a solid background and a way to finance the deal, this program will take you ahead quickly. If you are an average to below average fella, or already in serious debt from flying or other issues, don't go into debt. CFI and get a second job until you land a decent gig.

Good Luck. Bring money. Aviation is a lousy profession for those without adequate startup capital, adequate business skills, or education. I paid for my flying before entering for the military (a couple of low paying jobs and working at the ariport mowing grass). Uncle Sam has the best career options except for a few of the majors and some fractionals. I'm glad I spent 8 years as a military pilot instead of 8 years with a regional. It was a lot more fun and I had plenty of time to enjoy myself. I still fly for money, but it's a side job and not my bread and butter.

My friend had a fresh set or army pilot wings (helicopter) and a civilian comm/ME/Instrument. 250-350 hours TT He spent the cash, did the program, and jumped right out and went to a United Express Carrier.

He had been United Intern at Southern Illionois University and had planned for a quick upgrade to the majors. It worked. He did well and worked out of his hometown. He was furloughed but probably now back to work.

If you have a solid background and a way to finance the deal, this program will take you ahead quickly. If you are an average to below average fella, or already in serious debt from flying or other issues, don't go into debt. CFI and get a second job until you land a decent gig.

Good Luck. Bring money. Aviation is a lousy profession for those without adequate startup capital, adequate business skills, or education. I paid for my flying before entering for the military (a couple of low paying jobs and working at the ariport mowing grass). Uncle Sam has the best career options except for a few of the majors and some fractionals. I'm glad I spent 8 years as a military pilot instead of 8 years with a regional. It was a lot more fun and I had plenty of time to enjoy myself. I still fly for money, but it's a side job and not my bread and butter.

Consider all of this as fact(just for a second)....United hasn't hired anyone in 6 or 7 years(and furloughed back even beyond that). And pre-9/11 people were getting hired by just about every major airline in the late 90s after having been at a regional for a year or two. So why did the act of being a gutless punk help this guy's carreer?

There is no excuse!

Latest resources

Back