• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream stigmatism

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are either in "gulfstream world" or you want to be...just ask a Gulfstream driver

It is, however, the nicest light twin on the planet

Why would there be a stigma towards an aircraft?

Me, at interview: Yes I flew the Hawker for a 135 charter operation.

Them: You pathetics piece of s*** GET OUT OF MY OFFICE!

Looks better than a Global Express if you ask me, and should I happen to fall over an extremely large sum of money it's not beyond the realms of possibility that I'd buy myself a G-V (or 550 as it is these days).

On the other hand, the Falcon 7X has got to have the sexiest lines ever for a business jet. Them froggies do know a thing or two about style ;)

mvspring said:
stigmatism: The condition of being affected by stigmata.

stigmata: A mark or token of infamy, disgrace, or reproach.

uhhhh, no, there is no such word as "stigmatism". You made up those definitions.

The word you are looking for is "stigma"

Stigmata is: bodily marks or pains resembling the wounds of the crucified Christ and sometimes accompanying religious ecstasy (from merriam webster)

I doubt that you're going to get crucifixion scars from either the airplane or the airline

Last edited:
I got the definitions from dictionary.com. I didn't ask for a grammar or spelling lesson, I asked about an airplane.

mvspring said:
I got the definitions from dictionary.com.

Not correctly, you didn't. If you were to read the dictionary.com a little more closely you would have seen that the definition you quoted for "stigmata" was actually for "stigma" The dictionary.com definition for stigmata is crucifixtion marks, (plural) just like in merriam webster.

I'm sorry that I used the plural form instead of the singular. Please advise your high school English teacher that she did a good job. Referring to the original question, if anyone has any opinions on the Gulfstream aircraft, please share.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back