Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wolfpackpilot

Diehard Republican
For the sake of discussion, lets say a current and qualified 450/550 pilot is looking for a job somewhere in America (not me of course;) ). Are quality companies paying for the move or giving any type of incentives during the transition?

Obviously my next question is who’s hiring?

A good company will buy your house and pre-pay taxes for your corporate move so that the value of the move package doesn't adversely affect your tax liability.

The move package should include the move itself, transportation of vehicles, air transportation for all family members, temporary living assistance in the form of a corporate condo or house or cash compensation to provide for same for at least 90 days as well as a cash allowance for temporary living expenses.

If you are moving a good distance, hotel accomodations should be covered if you elect to drive a vehicle to your new job location.

Any transportation you require from the place of your job location back to your home to facilitate your move should also be covered.

Additionally,the company might help with closing costs for your new home. Provide an assistant for easing you into the new community, helping with schools, spousal job placement and so forth.

Last I heard Abbott Labs was looking for a couple of experienced G-IV/G450 pilots. It was clear that they were looking for military guys as the job req called for a masters degree.

GV

WPP--Know anyone in CLT... ;) TC

Not that I know of. That's why I asked if he knows anyone down there. I'm clearly not on their mailing list when jobs come open... :( TC

TC,

Im headed down there first of next year to visit. I've got a brother-inlaw who is an exec. with Wachovia (pronounced: Watch-over-ya) so Im going to visit them as well.

Thanks for the info GV, cant believe Im out on the Abbots job for lack of a "Masters". That must be one highly technical Gulfstream job.

Ive got 23 months to worry about it anyway. Have a wonderful Christmas guys.

WP

Just for general information for next time; the Abbott requirement for a Masters comes from the personel department; it's tied into the paygrade and what education level they think you should have to make that salary. It is not a show stopper. Very few military guys in the flight department.

Ive got 23 months to worry about it anyway. Have a wonderful Christmas guys.

WP

Big Bill, giving up so soon? Or just stirring the drink again?

Nothing will change til at least late '09 if at all and it may not be all bad if it does change.

and it may not be all bad if it does change.

And thats not a chance Im willing to take. Ive got three small children and a loving wife to care for. Im not in this business for myself, and I dont have the funds or the time to gamble; hoping things go in my favor.

I have years of experience with unions at multiple airlines and I know trouble when I see it. Im not mad, bitter, or angry. I've learned you cant take things personally all the time. I'm simply getting my ducks in a row so I'm not standing on the corner saying: "Now What".

Latest resources

Back