• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream or GreatLakes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about neither one, and why not Expressjet, AWAC or ASA? Much better pay...Commuting blows, but you may as well get used to it...

How about neither one, and why not Expressjet, AWAC or ASA? Much better pay...Commuting blows, but you may as well get used to it...
Quick upgrade is what i need. I am fully aware of other regionals with better work rules, etc. Thanks..

Gulfstreamers suck. Their mentality is that they're just there to sling gear, talk on the radio. Everything else is the Captain's job and people are tired of it.

Go where you could get the faster upgrade. Do you like the mountains or the beach?

Thinking long-term, you will have more war-stories to tell interview boards at the majors if you fly in more inclement weather (i.e., the Rockies during the winter). Mountain flying would be great from an experience point of view. Given Gulfstream's past, the pft reputation might not sit well with people who are unfamiliar with recent changes.

I would say choose Great Mistakes if you had the choice and couldn't care less about location.

Hey FlyingtoIST,
I don't think that you are going to get a lot of support with the attitude that "I need to upgrade now". You and everyone else wants to upgrade now. I don't know what your personal situation is, but I'd tone down that rhetoric a little bit if I was you.

To each their own

GIA, Lakes, Mesaba, whatever works best for you. As far as no one liking us at GIA, well, UPS, Southwest, Spirit and a few others havent gotten that memo yet. Pros and cons for the job is what you look at.

Pros:
QOL
Pay
Training length and pay
Upgrade time
Best for family

Cons:
Lengthy upgrade

If GIA offers you the QOL others dont and the pay is acceptable then why not. If Mesaba offers it then go there. Are you looking long term or short term? If its quick upgrade and move on then narrow it down by that cirteria and then further narrow it afterwards. If you are looking at long term 3 years or longer then apply the pros and cons above plus whatever else you can think of. Almost every regional has some lifers that enjoy the QOL and pay that the company offers them. Ask what is best for you and remember no company is perfect by far.

AirTran loves to hire 'streamers. Not to mention that former GIA pilots work for every legacy, LCC, and cargo operator in the country. GIA pilots have no troubles finding career jobs.

GIA sucks, but it's probably better than Lakes, and you can build time like crazy. I'd go with the 'stream.

Flyingto Ist is a Typical Turk. Even Turkish airforce pilots sit right seat at Thy, or Onur, or Atlas and even Kuzu. So what makes you so good after 1300 in the practice area.

Federico,
some of the TAF pilots you mentioned are the ones that are ruining the airlines in your message. Since you know so much about my own situation, i appreciate the fact that you consider my 1800 hrs as nothing..
by the way, i wish you were with me on the sim eval, how a TAF pilot crashed the 738 sim :)

cheers.

Latest resources

Back