Gulfstream IV Type Rating?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cl65@350 said:
Could someone out there tell me about the type program at simuflight or flightsafety? Is it 24-7 study and do they prepare you well for the checkride. Is there any gouge out there that one could get their hands on before training that will help prepare for day 1??? Thanks for all the info...

cl65,

A website, GOFIR.com used to have a neat little program on the GIV for studying limitations and memory items. I have the one for the 2000 and it's a nice little tool on my laptop for long hotel stays.

Regards,
2000Flyer

How does Simuflight stack up to FSI with regards to the training. I may be going to Simu for an initial in the G4. Anyone have any insight? Thanx in advance.

While I haven't dealt with Savannah, I have done both FSI and Simuflite. Personally, I perfer FSI. With a couple of exceptions the schools are smaller and more personalized. They are also more willing to do special training when requested. Simuflite tends to promise you the moon ( the marketing department, aka reps) and then the certification office saids NO right when you are in the middle of training. At Simuflite, I also felt like I was a small number to them.

But like I said, that is my personal opinion.

GVFlyer said:
I'm still here. This reminds me of a time when I recommended that we place an ad in one of the aviation trades
"WE"??? HHhhhmmmm... So you DO work for Gulfstream...

GVFlyer said:
The G450 with the G550 cockpit, drag enhancements, and Fadec Tay engines will be next.
What kind of range are they (ooppss.. meant "You guys") talking for the G450? 4,800NM?

Falcon Capt said:

What kind of range are they (ooppss.. meant "You guys") talking for the G450? 4,800NM?

Nope, the target is the "advertised" range for the Falcon 900EX - 4500nm. The range for the G-IV has actually decreased over time. The addition of AFIS antennas, "Sugar Scoop" APU doors, SATCOM Antennas, TCAS antennas and the wide-nozzle Tays has actually increased total drag by a couple of drag counts and decreased the range from 4220nm to about 4120nm.

The advantages of the G-IV/G450 are a mature design offering extremely high dispatch reliability and a competitive price when compared to the Falcon 900EX. Take-off weight is projected to remain the same at 74,600 lbs as is fuel quantity at 29,500 lbs.

GV

GVFlyer said:
The advantages of the G-IV/G450 are a mature design offering extremely high dispatch reliability and a competitive price when compared to the Falcon 900EX.

Our dispatch reliability is over 99% on our Falcon 900EX's... and we don't baby them, they each fly over 900 hours annually...

How will the 450 compare with the Global 5000? After reviewing the published specs of that airplane (and if they keep it that way) I have a hard time seing anybody buying a G400/450 for the same price.

While I do think the 900 is very underpowered, I certainly have never heard of a dispatch reliability problem...thats reaching....;)

CLCAP said:
How will the 450 compare with the Global 5000? After reviewing the published specs of that airplane (and if they keep it that way) I have a hard time seing anybody buying a G400/450 for the same price.

The G450 is designed to decrease Falcon 900EX market share and is priced accordingly at 34 million.

The G500 is aimed at the Bombardier Global 5000 and the Falcon 7X. A comparison follows:

Falcon 7x
Range @ .85 Mach - 5,100nm
Range @ .80 Mach - 5,700nm
T/O Dist. - 5,200
Ldg. Dist. - N/A
Max T/O wt. - 63,700
Price - 37 million

Global 5000
Range @.85 Mach - 4,800nm
Range @.80 Mach - 5,100nm
T/O Dist. - 5,000
Ldg. Dist. - 2,670
Max T/O Wt. - 87,700
Price - 35 million

G500
Range @ .85 Mach - 5,100nm
Range @ .80 Mach - 5,800nm
T/O Dist. - 5,150
Ldg. Dist. - 2,770
Max T/O Wt. -85,100
Price - 37 million

The G500 is not a developmental item and is available now.

GV

So why guy a G450 when for only $3 Million more you can have a G500?

Not trying to be a "Richard", just asking a serious question... The G-500 will give a LOT more range than the G450 for only a little more money... Seems like Gulfstream is grouping things too close together... Might as well buy a G400... It is only 380 miles less range.

Latest resources

Back