• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream IV Performance Data & Range Map

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes I sit around in my tighty whiteys planning flights with 5 pax out of SUN, it's awesome and chicks dig it.

fido & G4G5 thank you for the information. It looks like the airplane can do out of SUN what the Challenger can only do out of a sea level airport. The drastically reduced time to climb is also a nice thing to have. Gulfstream likes to talk about their pressurization flow through system being more "healthy". Can you tell any difference in fatigue between flying a Gulfstream vs. say a Challenger? Pax seem to like the bigger windows.

No sure about the pressurizaton differences between the Challenger and the Gulfstream. The only time I have ever noticed the pressurization difference is when I have to commute on an airliner vs a corporate jet.

Well according to the documentation from Gulfstream the air from the packs enters the rear of the cabin and exits through the outflow valve on the right front side of the fuselage. The Challenger has the outflow valves at the back of the cabin and recirculates air. Recirculating the air is more efficient from a systems stand point but flowing the air through the cabin apparently means fresher air.

I'm just wondering if that is a dog and pony show or if you actually feel less fatigued after flying 9 hours in an aircraft designed that way.

I would say the plane's ability to climb directly to fl410 is something that is very nice. The pressurization on the Gulfsteam is very nice as well. The fatigue thing is a kinda iffy argument in my opinion. Too many other variables impacting a persons level of fatigue. Dispatch reliability is awesome. Support from Gulfstream is super. Overall pax comfort and confidence is great. Aircraft serviceability on the road is great. Really, what is not to like about a Gulfstream? Oh, they do love those picture windows!

The fatigue thing is a kinda iffy argument in my opinion. Too many other variables impacting a persons level of fatigue.

I respectfully disagree, Fido. The "fatigue thing" is NOT an iffy argument. When we went from a GII (430 airplane and 8000' cabin) to a GIV 10 years ago, the reduction in fatigue on legs as short as 3 hours was imediately noticeable by both the crew and the principal. That 6000' cabin is wonderful (and just one more of the many wonderful attributes of the GIV).

Roger that, I suppose it could be more meaningful to some. My thought was the differintial between current model pressurization would be minor regarding fatigue.

Latest resources

Back